cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asset depreciation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

respected gurus

i have one problem with asset accounting,i.e i have one asset named machin1 worth o 1,00,000.already created dep key with 15%,right now i want to change the dep key to 10% in the mid of the year,can you tell me the procedure?answers would be appreciated.

regards

jana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

got

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana,

if you are on an ECC 6.0 release and have the new depreciation calcualtion active, then you can use the functionality of time-dependent depreciation parameters. Nathan wrote a very helpful [blog about time-dependent depreciation parameters|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/7736] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];.

If you are not using the new depreciation calcualtion functionality, then you have several choices. Either define a new depreciation key which you assign to the asset, or you change the depreciation key itself. Anyhow, if you want to have a different percentage rate being considered as in the middle of the year, then you can only use the functionaltiy of a multi-level method.

Hope that helps,

Markus

former_member695461
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jana

You can change the depreciation key from 15 to 10 percent. The system will automatically adjust the value in the next depreciation run (for calculation according to new depreciation key).

For changing depreciation key use T-code AFAMA

the percentage is maintained in multi level methods of depreciation key.

1. Go to AFAMA

2. key in your dep key

3. click on assignment of calculation

4. click on multi level method

5. click on levels in multi level method.

6. maintian percentage in percentage field from 15 to 10.

once you know what multi level method id used for your dep key which needs to be changed n SPRO go to spro>asset accounting.depreciation> valuation method>depreciation key>calculation method and do the change sin define multi level method....

hope this solves yur problem

thanks

sanjeev

former_member348872
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can go ahead and change the depreciation key, but depreciation already posted cannot be corrected. Adjusted depreciation will be posted in next period.