Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link relationships Crystal IX

Former Member
0 Kudos

have an application written in vb6, access and CR IX

In a report I tebelle with reports.

How do I establish relations ONE TO ONE and ONTE TO MANY ?

Sometimes the same report I generates error -2147189176 (not always)

I need some upgrade Crystal report IX ?

Before I used CR 8 and everything worked.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

From CR 8 to CR XI the query engine has changed.

You can link one to one or one to many in Crystal reports

Find below :

When you link records from one table to another table, the records will typically fall under one of two relationship types:

One-to-one

One-to-many

One-to-one relationships

In a one-to-one relationship between records in two linked tables, for every record in the primary table there is only one matching record in the lookup table (based on the linked fields). For example, in the Xtreme.mdb database, the Employee table can be linked to the Employee Addresses table based on the Employee ID field in each table. The Employee table contains information about employees at the company, the positions they hold, their salaries, hiring information, and so on. The Employee Addresses table contains each employee's home address. There is only one record for each employee in each of these tables. Therefore, if the Employee table is linked to the Employee Addresses table, only one record will be found in the Employee Addresses table for each record in the Employee table. This is a one-to-one relationship.

One-to-many relationships

In a one-to-many relationship between records in two linked tables, for every record in the primary table, there may be more than one matching record in the lookup table, based on the linked fields. In the Xtreme.mdb database, the Customer table can be linked to the Orders table based on the Customer ID field in each table. The Customer table contains information about each customer that has placed an order with the company. The Orders table contains information about orders that customers have placed. Since customers can place more than one order, there may be more than one record in the Orders table for each customer record in the Customers table. This is a one-to-many relationship.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your information, I need to know how to do

to establish EXPERTS DATABASE LINKS a relationship with a table while one to one with other one to many.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Mentioned below are the steps which I have followed at my end using Xtreme Sample database for one to many relation ship.

1)Click on any two tables(e.g. Customer table and Order table).

2)In Links tab |Click on particular link.

3)Right Click the particular link|Select "Link option".

4)Click on "Right Outer Join/left Outer Join" instead of inner Join.

5)Click On Ok.

6)The output is one customer has many order Id.

7)You can create group on Customer ID.

You can reverse the link also.For that; Right click on particular link and select "Reverse link".

For one to one relationship you can select "inner join".

Please let us know if it doesnt work.

Regards

Asha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your information.

I solved the problem

I advise everyone to check reports of application or only the reports where are relationship ?

bye

Answers (0)