Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Problem deploying OLAP report to Crystal Reports Server

I have developed a simple OLAP cube report using Crystal Reports Developer (11.0.0.1.1282). The report correctly previews and shows values against the cube that I have chosen as the datasource. The datasource is not my local computer but another computer (on the same network) that contains an Analysis Services 2005 cube. Crystal Reports Server (11.5) is installed on the same computer that contains the datasource.

Using the CMS I uploaded the OLAP cube report to the server. After that was finished I changed the "When viewing report" radio button to "Use same database loging as when report run" in the Process/Database setcion. I logged into the InfoViewer and navigated to the report and executed it. When the report executes I get the following error:

Crystal Reports: Print Engine Error

Unable to retrieve Object.

Crystal Reports: Print Engine Error

I wanted to make sure that the server was running correcly as it is a fresh install. So I created a standard report that connects to a SQL Server 2005 datasource and displays the contents of a table. When I uploaded this report to the Crystal Report Server it rendered correctly.

What do I need to do to make the OLAP cube report render correctly?

Former Member

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question