Single Sign On Error with Portal bookmarks.
We have the below scenario with one of our portals. Our configuration is below.
SSO configured(SPNEGO with Kerberos Authentication)
From our portal, we have links to SAP Back end system(R/3, BW,etc). Since SSO is configured, whenever a user clicks a back end system from the Portal, he will be automatically logged into that system without having to enter user name and password.
However, a user wants to be able to click on a bookmarked URL to a web report in the SAP BW back end without going through the Portal.
Method used by user
· Open an internet browser and go to Google.com web page
· Open a 2nd internet browser and go to our Portal Web page
· Check task bar and noticed only one IEXPLORER.EXE is on
· Go to the browser with Google.com displayed and go to favourites and select BW Bookmark
· Managed to log in to the BW Webreport via Single Sign-On, no need to use Username and Password
· But when we go to an email with URL(bookmark URL for BW webreport) and select URL, a new session opens, an error occurs and the user cannot log in to the BW web report via SSO. They are prompted with the login screen to insert username/password.
I did a quick check and realised that this scenario only occurs when there are multiple IEXPLORER.EXE sessions in the Task Manager.
Please advise on how we can resolve this SSO error.
Thanks in Advance