cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SBO 2005A and Win XP Pro SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We used SBO 2005 A SP 01 PL 43 and we have upgraded pack for Windows XP Professional SP2 to SP3. After upgrade has done, we tried open SBO and ask to connection server. If we filled the server name, the connection is failed but if filled IP address, the connection is succeeded. Why if we filled the IP address on server so the connection success?

If I have some computers and Windows XP has 2 versions SP 2 and SP3, what is there any problem to open SBO? I think the different version of Windows XP (SP2 and SP3) that is not effect to connection server SBO, what is right?

Please help for details info.....

Regards,

Agung

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

juan_marrero
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

As already commented, I have sent a note to the responsable for both documents (Manual and Portal).

We will update this thread accordingly.

Our apologies for the inconveniences.

Juan Manuel Marrero

SAP Business One Forums Team

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Agung,

I have checked in this link:

https://websmp210.sap-ag.de/smb/sbo/platforms

in the client platform, it stated that the SBO 2005A version is not applicable for SP3 of windows XP. So, I suggest to check the link or ask your implementor to send the screen shot or copy of the link.

Rgds,

juan_marrero
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your information, allow me to verify this with development and with the portal's team.

In any case, I will suggest to verify DCOM properties and allow full control to user 'EVERYONE'.

I will verify with the moderator as well in order to standarize the information included in both sources (portal and manual).

Regards,

Juan Manuel Marrero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Juan

I have read about the supported workstation platforms for windows XP SP3 and really after upgraded to SP3, nothing trouble to open SBO. And now, we can open and use SBO as well. Maybe, first process adjustment from SP2 to SP3 so to opening SBO first needs a message ask to fill the server name or IP address connection server.

Ok, this thread is clear about Windows XP SP3 and supported workstation platform.

Thanks for all to explanation of this thread..

Regards,

Agung

juan_marrero
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Agung,

As stated in the Service Market Place, windows XP SP3 is supported as of 2007A PL37 and 2007B PL05. This information could be verified in :

Service Market Place > Channel Partner Portal or Client Portal > SAP Business One > Product Availability

> Deploy > Supported Platforms > Client Platforms.

However as you mentioned, the client is able to connec to the license server by using the IP address instead of the Server Name. This could be a changed generated by the installation of the service pack 3.

It has been observed in previous installations after the SP upgrade, that some services as the DCOM are blocked or changed in their privileges.

We will recommend you to check the notes :

833798 - Even when it is targeted to W2003 SP1, the procedure apply as well to XP in order to change DCOM properties.

784607 - For XP platforms.

Feel free to update this thread with your results if not solving the issue. Keep in mind, as well that XP SP3 is not a supported platform for your actual version.

Regards,

Juan Manuel Marrero

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Are you sure that XP SP3 is not supported for 2005? According to this document on the portal it is?

https://websmp107.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000310652008E.pdf

Kind regards,

Matt

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This sounds very strange. The platform and the document have given different data. It will lead to misunderstanding. I am trying to download the document and now it is not available. But if I open the B1 platform, the statement said Win XP SP3 is only supported in 2007A/B version is still available. So, which one of both are correct ?

This will make the end user confusing. Nevertheless, let's wait and see if the SBO 2005A SP01 PL43 can run smooth on the Win XP SP3.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe, please Moderators of this forum SBO can give an explanation for this thread so nobody who read this thread do not confuse.

Members this forum, not exception, can read and open if there is a link.

Kind Regards,

Agung

0 Kudos

Hi Agung,

Please log a message with SAP.

Regards

Pavol Hrasko