Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

ALV with OOPS purpose of creating a screen with custom container area..

This ques is purely on implementing ALV with OOPS.

My question is:

1) In ALV with OOPS why the process of creating a screen(se51) and adding a custom container & finally passing the object refernce to 'alv_grid' and finally calling 'ALV_GRID->SET_TABLE_FOR_FIRST_DISPLAY' is introduced as this was not present in normal ALV, what is the purpose of this approach & advantages of this approach.?

2)here report pgm is created as 'executable program' (instead of Module-pool) & still we are mapping the 'Module' coding created in the screen-painter into the report pgm,Is there any specific purpose/advantage behind this ?

plz DONT post answers related to normal ALV........

replied

Hello Srikar

In none of my sample reports I use a container on the screen (e.g. ZUS_SDN_TWO_ALV_GRIDS in ).

In contrast, I link the parent container (usually a docking container) to the target screen.

Advantage of this approach: If you want to link you ALV list to another screen or a different custom container then just do it - by using the LINK method again.

The major disadvantages of the fm-based ALV lists are that the ALV list is always full-screen size and you cannot move to ALV list to a different place because it is displayed using a screen of the standard function group SLVC...

The power of using the OO-approach can be seen in thread

where a 2nd ALV grid can be easily hidden or displayed again on the main screen. Try this using the fm-approach...

Regards

Uwe

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question