cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Date for BO reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, we have deployed our BI system and an upper BO layer for reporting. We created some universes based on InfoCubes to test the integration kit, but we cannot figure out how to get an actual date value for filtering while reporting.

Has anyone experienced this before ?

The thing is that if we want to get data for this and last year we cannot do it because the universe cannot be edited in BO and therefore it cannot be calculated.

Any suggestion will be very welcomed !

Regards,

Santiago

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can solve this by creating a query with data for this and last year. BO is able to translate the variable if you use this for this query into a prompt.

Kind regards,

Luc

Former Member
0 Kudos

What if the field has valid empty date values? If you filter the dates you will never see those records. I guess this solution would only work if you had a date field that is always populated

Edited by: Mark White on Sep 18, 2008 11:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luc, though it's not the way I would like to do it, you're right, this is the only way in which we can get such information.

We were focusing integration from an InfoProvider angle, since we wanted to avoid BI query devolpment, but we are running out of options ! So I guessed we'll have to get our hands into it and create queries for every InfoProvider already created !!

Mike, the information we are reporting on is financial, so it has periods as mandatory fields. It shouldn't be a problem.

Regards,

Santiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to define Universes on InfoCube level, you will not be able to use some nice BW-OLAP features like currency and unit conversions, restricted and calculated key figures, exception aggregation, ...

So I would say, if you want to use this, you have to create one "big" query once, which could serve as a basis for the universe.

Luc

Answers (0)