Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with approving a leave request in ptarq test application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i m using ECC6.0.

1/i m testing first the ptarq ( code transaction for ess employee self-service), but i have these problems, i do not understand how to create a leave request correctly , i have succeed in create in for the same employee that works with (ex 70046 = pernr ), i need to understand the logic of the creation first.

2/ before two days , i was able to create a leave request in ( ptarq ( code transaction -> test application ) but when i create it , it s allready having the status approved.

3/ so i decide to create leave request of course with different enddate end begdate of absence for the same employee wich is ( 70046 = pernr, infotype= 2001 , subtype =240 ), and i was able ti change the status of the leave request from being 'sent' to 'approved' via MF pt_arq_request_execute.

4/ but now i just can't approve neither via test application (ptarq) or via mf .

N.B:

i didn't to become the manager of the concerned employee cz when i enter to approve via ptarq , it displays for me the reequest concerning my profil but even thoug when i chose one document to be approved it take a long time and it's not responding anymore or it's gives me a message said that the doc is locked ,

and even throug the mf 'pt_arq_request_PREPARE it's given me 'ex_data_only_read = X' and error which said that doc is bloqued and with mf 'pt_arq_request_EXECUTE it's just telling me to precise the CLASS NAME .

there is the content of es_messages output of excute mf.

T = E

ID = WF_CONT

NUM = 065

MESSAGE = Indicate the name of the class

Thank u in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is the mf that i m triying to develop based on the mf execute.

it's giving me in execution this error and pointing to the mf execute .

Err. exécution CALL_FUNCTION_PARM_UNKNOWN

Except. CX_SY_DYN_CALL_PARAM_NOT_FOUND

FUNCTION Z_APPROVE_EMPLOYEELEAVEREQUEST.

*"----

-

""Interface locale :

*" IMPORTING

*" VALUE(REQ_ID) TYPE TIM_REQ_ID

*" VALUE(VERS_NO) TYPE TIM_REQ_VERSION OPTIONAL

*" VALUE(NOTE_TEXT) TYPE TIM_REQ_NOTICE OPTIONAL

*" EXPORTING

*" VALUE(EMPLOYEELEAVEREQUEST) TYPE ZEMPLOYEELEAVEREQUEST

*" TABLES

*" EX_MESSAGES TYPE ZMESSAGE_ERR_TAB

*"----

-

CONSTANTS:

command TYPE PTREQ_COMMAND VALUE 'EXECUTE_APPROVE',

modus TYPE PT_ARQ_MODE VALUE 'A',

code_status_approved VALUE '4'.

*///work area perso

DATA: wa_employeeleaverequest TYPE ZEMPLOYEELEAVEREQUEST,

wa_ex_messages TYPE ZMESSAGE_ERR,

wa_messages TYPE BAPIRET2

DATA:

messages TYPE PTARQ_UIA_MESSAGES_TAB,

exec_req TYPE PTARQ_UIA_REQUEST,

pernr TYPE P_PERNR,

initiator TYPE OS_GUID,

no_vers TYPE TIM_REQ_VERSION

select single INITIATOR_INS from ptreq_header into initiator

where request_id = req_id and version_no = vers_no.

select single objid from ptreq_actor into pernr where actor_id = initiator.

CALL FUNCTION 'PT_ARQ_REQUEST_EXECUTE'

EXPORTING

im_request_id = req_id

im_command = command

im_pernr = pernr

im_modus = modus

• im_debug = im_debug

IMPORTING

ex_request = exec_req

• ex_has_errors = ex_has_errors

• ex_show_change = ex_show_change

• TABLES

ex_messages = messages

• ex_commands = ex_commands

SELECT SINGLE version_no FROM ptreq_header INTO no_vers WHERE request_id = exec_req-request_id.

wa_employeeleaverequest-request_id = exec_req-request_id.

wa_employeeleaverequest-version_no = no_vers.

wa_employeeleaverequest-code_status = code_status_approved.

wa_employeeleaverequest-in_status = exec_req-status.

MOVE wa_EMPLOYEELEAVEREQUEST to EMPLOYEELEAVEREQUEST.

LOOP AT messages INTO wa_messages.

CLEAR wa_ex_messages.

*MOVE-CORRESPONDING wa_messages to wa_ex_messages.

wa_ex_messages-ID = wa_messages-ID .

wa_ex_messages-TYPE = wa_messages-TYPE.

wa_ex_messages-MESSAGE = wa_messages-MESSAGE.

APPEND wa_ex_messages TO EX_MESSAGES.

ENDLOOP.

ENDFUNCTION.

0 Kudos

Hi Merry,

As far as i know , to ceate a leave request u have to run a cycle of executing 3 bapis

a) PT_ARQ_REQUEST_PREPARE to prepare a leave request.

b) PT_ARQ_REQUEST_CHECK - This checks wether the leave requested is possible according to the

Leave HR configurations (input to this bapi should be the output you get from the 1st bapi).

c) PT_ARQ_REQUEST_EXECUTE- This finally creates a leave request.

(input to this bapi should be the output you get from the 2nd bapi).

(Execute all the bapis using mode "R".)

I have used this approach in webdynpro java to create a leave request. Hope this approach works for you also.

Regards

Asha

0 Kudos

thank u asha for ur answer,

but i have here a question , why there is no command for the MF check concerning 'check_reject' , ??

and mon problem here is that these MF dosen't executed and i have error that tell me that 'doc is locked' and that 'update of doc (leave request) was interrupted .

moreover , iwhen i try with the transaction 'PTARQ' , i can't no more create a leave request neither approve it from test application 'ptarq' ?? and it's related to some parameter 'lock_indicator' which if it's equal to X it doesn't change the status of my leave request from 'SENT' to 'APPROVED' .?? could u send me ur code that make update of the status of the leave request ?

N.B: Also if u see the program test ' RPTARQUIATEST ' u ganna find that they call the MFs in that order :

1/ pt_arq_request_prepare

2/ pt_arq_request_execute

3/ pt_arq_request_check

???

Edited by: MERRY NAFNAF on Sep 19, 2008 2:12 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Merry..

Sorry for the late reply..

I have implemented this module in webdynpro java using the STD SAP code.

All the three Bapis are executed in "R" mode while requesting and in "A" mode while approving a request.

I dint get what exactly ur question is..

Did you get the solution for ur question??

If yes pls do let me know..

Thanks and regards

Asha

0 Kudos

hi asha , thank u pr ur answer, but we do find a solution via custom, and some lock and enqueue Mf, i need some help now , i m using SAP ECC 6.0 i need to invoke some specific web service of sap via J2ME , so or J2EE , do u know how can i do , should i activate the UDDI registery ?? or i don't need to...?? because the site of standard web services can't be available until 10 october as u know , so please if u have any idea help me.

thnx in advance

0 Kudos

Your Replyl >...

As far as i know , to ceate a leave request u have to run a cycle of executing 3 bapis

a) PT_ARQ_REQUEST_PREPARE to prepare a leave request.

b) PT_ARQ_REQUEST_CHECK - This checks wether the leave requested is possible according to the

Leave HR configurations (input to this bapi should be the output you get from the 1st bapi).

c) PT_ARQ_REQUEST_EXECUTE- This finally creates a leave request.

(input to this bapi should be the output you get from the 2nd bapi).

(Execute all the bapis using mode "R".)

I have used this approach in webdynpro java to create a leave request. Hope this approach works for you also.

My Question :

1.How do you pass the structure EX_REQUEST structure into FM PT_ARQ_REQUEST_CHECK ?

Pls pls help.

Regards

Pravesh