cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC TO File Scenerio Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In a RFC to file scenerio, I hav done a proper sm59 tcp/ip connection, and given correct server details and program id. My RFC adapter is ok in CC in XI. File is getting created. But file is blank.it is carrying no data at all.

Pls dont send URLs. ask me as many as questions u want but tell me where I am doing the mistake.

See the R/3 zprogram code and the RFC code tell me what all corrections I need to do!!

report zrfc_adapter.

data: it_final1 type standard table of zrfc_str.

REPORT ZRFC_ADAPTER.

Data: it_final1 type standard table of zrfc_str.

CALL FUNCTION 'ZRFC_XI'

IN BACKGROUND TASK DESTINATION

'R32XIRFC'

EXPORTING

username = sy-uname

TABLES

IT_FINAL = it_final1

break-point.

COMMIT WORK.

Clear it_final1.

Refresh : it_final1

function zrfc_xi.

Local Interface:

TABLES

IT_FINAL STRUCTURE ZRFC_STR OPTIONAL

it_final-name = 'XXXXX'.

it_final-telephone = '123XXXXX'.

it_final-address = 'XXXXX'.

append it_final.

break-point.

endfunction.

The sxmb_moni load is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><rfc:ZRFC_XI xmlns:rfc="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"><USERNAME>RETAILDEV</USERNAME><IT_FINAL></IT_FINAL></rfc:ZRFC_XI>

But the Existing url of the Sender system...i.e. RFC in messege mapping when i click on -- TEST -- SOURCE TEXT VIEW is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<ns0:ZRFC_XI xmlns:ns0="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

<USERNAME>

RETAILDEV

</USERNAME>

<IT_FINAL>

</IT_FINAL>

</ns0:ZRFC_XI>

1. Tell me why is data from Tablles parameter of the RFC not getting reflected in the SXMB_MONI load.

2. Why is the moni load and the messege mapping -

TEST -- SOURCE TEXT VIEW is

so different. There is some mistake here, which I cannot understand.

Pls comment !!

I hav checked several SDN Urls, so no Urls !!

Points will be rewarded !!

Regards,

Arnab

Edited by: Arnab Mondal on Sep 18, 2008 1:55 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

Two issues,

First: (I think I told you yesterday in other thread with the same issue but with different name than this one),

Try to use EXPORTING parameters instead of using TABLES parameters. Otherwise, why you can see username = sy-uname in SXMB_MONI and you cannot see

it_final-name = 'XXXXX'.

it_final-telephone = '123XXXXX'.

it_final-address = 'XXXXX'.

Second,

Everytime you change your RFC ZRFC_XI, you would need to reimport this one in Integration Builder. I imagine you do that.

And furthermore, you have to reactivate your RCF Communication Channel in Integration Directory in order to refresh the metadata of your new structure.

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carlos,

it was on ur instruction , I created the exporting parametes and now , i can see the output in the sxmb_moni. But then why is Table data not coming in??

Thanks for that, yes, every time I change the RFC or code, I re-import the RFC in IR and I make minor changes in RFC adapter and reactivate it !!

Can u make out from the sxmb_moni load and the messege mapping load, something is different!Is that difference ok??If there was any option of sending screen shots in the threads, I would have made screen shots of the entire process, and given it in SDN

Regards,

Arnab !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnab,

I don't know what differences you refer to.

People usually show links pointing outside of SDN in order to display Screenshots.

Regards,

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

See

The sxmb_moni load is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><rfc:ZRFC_XI xmlns:rfc="urn:sap-com:document:sap:rfc:functions"><USERNAME>RETAILDEV</USERNAME><IT_FINAL></IT_FINAL></rfc:ZRFC_XI>

But the XML of the Sender system...i.e. RFC in messege mapping when i click on -- TEST -- SOURCE TEXT VIEW is

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<USERNAME>

RETAILDEV

</USERNAME>

<IT_FINAL>

</IT_FINAL>

</ns0:ZRFC_XI>

The difference is in between

<rfc:ZRFC_XI xmlns:rfc="urn:sap*-com:document:sap:rfc:functions">

and

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it is fine.

When the message gets Integration Engine it is proccesed according to pipeline steps.

What is important is that <USERNAME>RETAILDEV</USERNAME><IT_FINAL></IT_FINAL> is the same in both steps and it means that either the data is not sent from R3 or the RFC adapter is not able to convert the data (TABLE structure) to the RFC structure.

Try to pass the data (it-final or whatever) in EXPORTING parameters instead of using TABLE parameters.

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Carlos,

I will still go on working on it, but another concern is, teh username : retaildev is not available in the file. File content is still blank. I hav mapped it !!

Yes, I will use exporting parameters, but gotta know, why table parameters is failing, it MUST work, else, how to handle item level data ;-).

Regards,

Arnab .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is quite strange that the file remains blank.

Are you using File Content Conversion? If So, change to xml file to test your scenario, later you will do FCC.

How is the structure of the Message type that you map your RFC. I mean, the right structure in your message mapping.

How are you doing the message mapping? It is your root node of your right structure mapped in any way?

Carlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Carlos,

The data is moving from exporting parameters to the FTP server. . CHEERS!!. Issue was with refreshing of RFC adapters.

Only issues now left is, why is it not taking data from Tables parameter. Need to send huge set of data, should I use Changing parameter?? Any suggestions.....Really thanks buddy!!

Keeping the question open 4 u and all , and rewarding u!!

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try appending the value to the table in the program itself and pass the table with values to the RFC call.

If it doesn't work, try passing the table as a exporting parameter using Table Type.

-Dava

Former Member
0 Kudos

I donno, how could I be so big a fool. This was the blunder. Buddy, u r 100% correct.

Seems like you hav really taken the great pain to resolve the problem

CHEERS !!

Arnab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Full points awarded to Dava....anf a million points from heart!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1) Check your XRFC_XI (running on se37 giving input and gives you desired output).See if it is remote enabled.

2) Check in RWB -->Component Monitoring -> Adapter Eninge --> Communication Channel --> Select Adapter type RFC and Direction Sender : u will get u r Sender RFC Adapter : Check if it has the XML payload populated.

3) If yes repeat the same with the File Adapter (Of recever Type)

4) Check if there is any Data type conflich of u r Export parameters of RFC and Inboubd Interface.

check above steps

lemme know

regards

srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat

1) Check your XRFC_XI (running on se37 giving input and gives you desired output).See if it is remote enabled.

Working perfect !!

2) Check in RWB -->Component Monitoring -> Adapter Eninge --> Communication Channel --> Select Adapter type RFC and Direction Sender : u will get u r Sender RFC Adapter : Check if it has the XML payload populated.

See the messege details

Sender channel 'CC_RFC2FILE' for party '', service 'DTR_BS' (internal name 'RfcServer[CC_RFC2FILE]')

Server data: {jco.server.gwhost=172.26.5.8, jco.server.progid=Arnab, jco.server.gwserv=sapgw02, jco.server.unicode=0}

Repository data: {jco.client.lang=EN, jco.client.snc_mode=0, jco.client.client=010, jco.client.passwd=******, jco.webas.ignore_jdsr_error=1, jco.client.user=retaildev, jco.client.sysnr=02, jco.client.ashost=172.26.5.8}

Current pool size: 1, maximum pool size : 1

Channel History

- OK: 2008-09-18 17:36:26 GMT+05:30: Message processed for interface ZRFC_XI

- OK: 2008-09-18 16:36:35 GMT+05:30: Message processed for interface ZRFC_XI

- OK: 2008-09-18 15:34:20 GMT+05:30: Message processed for interface ZRFC_XI

Communication channel is correctly configured and started

4) Check if there is any Data type conflich of u r Export parameters of RFC and Inboubd Interface.

This part is also Perfect !!