Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Revenue recognition design

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to design a revenue recognition model for my client, based in what he wants.

They only create sales order for service material (not delivery relevant) and normaly with a milestone billing plan.

After the sales order creation they want to post reveneu recognition as follows:

- Every week (one day) they will post the revenue for a specific value that tehy will only now that specific day. So Time-related rev. rec (A) is ruled out because the value to be recognize is unkown until the day to be recognize.

- Also they will post the revenue recog. the last day of the month (again, the value to be posted is unkown till that day).

- The last one: they want to be able to post revenue recognition at any time for the value they want.

Service based rev. rec. based in an event looks good to me, but I don't know how to manage those events.

Any help is very welcome.

Regards.

Eduardo

replied

Hi,

We create Material as Type: DIEN with 4 Views:

Basic Data 1

Sales: Sales Org. Data 1

Sales: Sales Org. Data 2

Sales: General/Plant Data

Whereas, We have a Z-copy of Standard Order - OR with reference mandatory.

For more clear picture, I request you to please go through each link in:

Spro --> IMG --> Sales & Distribution --> BAsic Functions -->Acct Assgn/ Costing

--> Revenue Acct Determination

--> Revenue recognition

There you will find what Are all item Cat. and Mat Acct Assgn Groups are maintained for rev recog. You may create your own, also.

Once, gone-through with the all relevant links, Please revert for more clearification, If reqd.

Best Regards,

Amit

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question