Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating a custom field in LIKP table through BAPI for outbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have got stuck in the following scenario . We have added a custom field "zdeldate" thru append structure in LIKP table . This would store the actual delivery date for the outbound delivery and this field value would be updated through a custom report built by me . On this report output , user would enter values for this date field for some delivery numbers . We need to update this date in the LIKP table custom "zdeldate" field through a BAPI . This field would be used only for reporting purpose by BW and it would nt be physically present on the delivery screen transaction ( VL01) .

Can someone please guide on which BAPI could be used to update this custom field in the delivery header table ( LIKP ) . I was looking at 2 BAPI's :

BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_SAVEREPLICA and

BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE

but not sure whether these can solve my problem and how do we use these to update the custom field in LIKP . Any help on this would be appreciated .

Regards:

Ankit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can populate the table EXTENSION1 and EXTENSION2 to update the custom fields through BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE.

Regards,

Raju.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can populate the table EXTENSION1 and EXTENSION2 to update the custom fields through BAPI_OUTB_DELIVERY_CHANGE.

Regards,

Raju.

0 Kudos

Hi Raju

Thanks for ur inputs . I had also traced these extensions . But cud not understand as to how would the BAPI know that it needs to update which custom field in the LIKP table even if I add this field in this extension .

0 Kudos

Hi Ankit,

Raju gave you a correct answer. Those EXTENSION-TABLE-parameters are intended for customer fields only (implemented by APPEND).

Have success,

Heinz