cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a pop iView?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, I am hanif i am new to portal,can anybody please tell me how to create a pop iView once the user logIn to the portal , iview shud popup like an normal window popup automatically and shud be closed by the request button pressed by the user.

is there any property of iView or can be done by programming only.Plz provide me assistance in the case.

Thanx in advance

Regards:

hanif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif,

I'm not a dveeloper so I can only direct you on the possibiltiies for your question.

To create a pop-up, you need to use Enterprise Portal Client Framework (EPCM). Bleow are links all about EPCM and pop-up.

Do a search in the furm with popup EPCM and you will get tons of hits as there are also others who has the same question as you do.

As already menetion in your other post in PCD forum, look into

Hope that helps and award points for useful suggestions.

Ray

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ray,

Thanx for ur support i will do as u say.As i am new to portal which query to post and where..well wenever i find the solution i let u know too so that u can convey to others..

thanx.

Regards:

hanif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your requirement talks of having a popup displayed as soon as the user logs on to the portal...you can do this through programming. Create a new portal component and add it to the framework page...select visibility as hidden...and in that portal component you will have to open the popup...but you will have to take care such that..everytime the page is loaded the pop up will be displayed...so u might want to add some code to take care of that as well...

Thanks,

GLM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi GLM,

thanx for ur response.well as u r telling add portal component to default framework page.and and set its property as hidden.and create a iview in it as to display it as pop-up.

well this is achievable but how to display the iView as pop-up.

for an iView to display as popup event shud occur and specially for without user intervention a event shud trigger..lets say on event of login a shud be triggered but how to do thereafter so as to pop-up an iView.Hope u understand my problem and answer the query.

Regards:

hanif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hanif,

What I meant was:

1. Create a portal component which does the job of opening a pop up -- you can do this via some scripting.

2. Create an iview for the above portal component.

3. Add it to the default framework page -- Now when the framework page is loaded the portal component within the iview will be initialized and hence the pop up will be displayed.

Thanks,

GLM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello hanif,

kindly access this link ..

[PopUp Iview|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/69/ffdb4269b2f340e10000000a1550b0/content.htm]

Regards.

Soni Vinit