cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

change base hostname/domainname in url of WAS

0 Kudos

Hello,

I've installed a netweaver PI 7.1 machine on a windows 2003 server, just for testing purposes. It's hostname is win2003-srv. Now, we also access this machine from over the internet. The hostname win2003-srv then ofcourse doesn't work and should be http://win2003-srv.domain.com/.

Al the URL's the machine generates when you start the integration builder or anything, are all win2003-srv, instead of win2003-srv.domain.com. Can I change this somewhere? I've looked around a bit already, but couldn't find it. It isn't in the installation guide as well. I'm experienced in XI/PI, but new in system administration.

So: I'm not trying to actually change the hostname of the machine or the SAP system, just trying to change the base part of the URL's it generates for the browser.

Thanx!

Greetings, Walter.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi W,

The instance parameter icm/host_name_full needs to be specified with a fully-qualified host name (see also SAP Note 654982).

Carlos

0 Kudos

Thanks for your very quick answer. All this makes much sense and the note also is very clear.

But where can I set/change that option?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This a parameter of the profile.

You can see it in TC RZ11

You can change it in RZ10. If you change it, you would need to restart your system.

Carlos