Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How do ABAP Proxy and XI adapter work?

Hi everybody,

I have a general question about the ABAP proxy and XI adapter.

In order to use the ABAP proxy and XI adapter, I must configure the HTTP Destination between the R/3 system and the XI server. I must also maintain the SLD.

After several hours configurations with our administrator, it failed. At least the HTTP Destinations on both servers don't work correctly. We got always HTTP error message. But a scenario with an ABAP Receiver proxy works! It is really strange and laughable. We're very happy about that but don't know why and what happened. Today we tested the ABAP Sender proxy, it doesn't work.

So we decide to ask the XI experts in this forum to give us a general lessen about the ABAP proxy: how it works, why we should create the HTTP destinations, how do the destinations work and so on.

Thanks a lot in advance!

With best regards

Xiang

replied

Hi Xiang,

R3 -- > proxy -->XI

In this case, it is used the RFC we were correcting before step by step and it is used in SXMB_ADM of your R3.

Furtheremore, once the R3 is registered in SLD (by means of RZ70), XI recognizes it as a proxy. You can see it in Runtime Workbench.

You don't need to configure a sender adapter to send data from R3 to XI via proxy.

Xi --> proxy --> R3

You need to configure a Receiver adapter type XI. When you configure the Communication Channel you specify the parameters needed to post the data into the R3 Integration Engine.

Everything clear?

regards,

Carlos

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question