cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving HTTP POST errors when using Remedy 6.3 to open Crystal Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use Remedy 6.3 in conjunction with Crystal Reports Server XI. When using Infoview or other reports viewers, the .rpt files open just fine. However, when trying to open a crystal report from Remedy, we get this .NET error:

The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/arreports/m11c23c11b16/cX5p8f4NO2SAw0FNifpiMEi1Q8/1221737284596.rpt' is not allowed.

Stack Trace shows:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The HTTP verb POST used to access path '/arreports/m11c23c11b16/cX5p8f4NO2SAw0FNifpiMEi1Q8/1221737284596.rpt' is not allowed.]

System.Web.DefaultHttpHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback callback, Object state) +3439737

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +3391004

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +161

In IIS, I have .rpt files pointing to the .NET 2.0.5727 aspnet_isapi.dll and I have tried "All Verbs" as well as adding POST, GET, etc.

The IUSR account has permissions to the arreports folder.

Not sure what else to try. Should there be a specific entry in the web.config for this "application"? Any other IIS settings I am missing. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Pat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already worked with BMC. The request coming from the Remedy system is valid, however, there is something wrong with the way that Crystal is responding to the request. I believe it is either the IIS ISAPI or problem with the web.config. BMC had already closed the case since the requester worked on other systems. I was hoping someone here may know how the web.config or IIS config should look for Crystal XI.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is fine. I'm not sure you'll get an answer here as this forum is dedicated to general topics related to Business Objects solutions. This is a specific technical support question. And I don't think there is any technical CR / BO forum here that will be any better.

I really think the best option is for BMC to contact us and figure this out with us. I believe Remedy was an OEM partner of ours and as such they would have support from us...

Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Best place to get an answer will be from BMC who I believe have purchased Remedy(?)

http://www.bmc.com/

Ludek