cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEPRECIATION RUN

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear all,

when i run the depreiation i come accross the following error. pl guide me to rectify this. i want to run the depre for 05.

pl guide me.

Message no. AA730

Diagnosis

The last posting run in period 003 2007 was terminated by an error. Before any more posting runs are performed, you must restart the posting run for period 003 2007.

Procedure

Start the posting run for period 003 2007 again using the restart parameter.

girija

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi girija,

You can have a look in AFBP - Display Log for period 03 wath error is.

You have first to solve this error before you can run period 04 and 05.

When the problem is not clear in the log you can run:

the posting run for period 003 2007 again using the restart parameter. (as test run)

Perhaps there is more information in the job log.

As normal procedure you have first to run the depreciation run as a test run in batch.

Then you look in the spool if there are errors (solve them)

Run the depreciation run as a real run

Look in AFBP - Display Log for possible errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

how i have to do this, when i spool the same error is shown , how i have to rectify this. pl guide me.

girija

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a problem with one or more assets.

With AFBP - Display Log for period 03 you can see the error when you don't see the error there it possible that there is an other error what you can found back in the spool.

You have first to solve the problem with the asset(s) before you can compleet the depreciation run.

Possible errors are cost center or g/l account is blocked a problem with a validation. Some one is in change mode working and is blokking the depreciation run. The bussines area in the asset is not the same as in the costcenter. ............

When you run the depreciation run as error analysis then you see only the errors

This all you have to run for period 3

MarkusBredel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the schedule monitor, there you get a list of all appeared errors of that run.

Nathan wrote 2 very helpful blogs about that topic, which should provide you detailed information on how to proceed now. Please search the forum next time before posting.

Blogs:

[Making error analysis easier when running depreciation|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8050] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

[Gaining More Insight into Fixed Asset Job Monitoring|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9231] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Markus