Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW

sudhir_uppalapati
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on ECC 6.0.

I want to know where can we write any code or any field validations while working with LSMW. At which step we can write our own code.

Will LSMW will generate any ABAP code when we are work with LSMW?? where can i find this code?

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

i

in FIELD MAPPING step we can write code to do validations..etc.

after mapping any particular field you can check the data content there and do validations.

LSMW will generate ABAP code based on the steps we perform. you can check the program in lSMW transaction.

go to LSMW --> enter project details --> press F8 --> click on USER MENU --> select radio button "Display Conversion Program"

now by clicking that radio button in LSMW you can view the generation program.

for more details you can check the below site also:

http://saptechnical.com/Tutorials/LSMW/Validations/page1.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

saptechnical.com

U go this site and study lsmw..Its Very useful for u..

regards:

Prabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

in field mapping and conversion rules u can write any code for individual field or else there is some thing like this

begin_processing

begin_transaction

begin_record.

end_processing.

end_transaction.

end_record.

in this u can write the validation logic for whole fields.

After giving project, subproject, object -->press F8 .

in this there is a icon like variant press that one u come across pop up screen in that u have generate conversion program and display conversion program select the checbox and press enter, after that go for generate conversion program and F8 and

display conversion program F8 (it will show the ABAP code for ur LSMW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its pretty straight forward go to field mapping and conversion rules you will find your source and target fileds. Write a code with Source field and finally assign it back to Target thts it .