cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple logon Pages for different users with different URls of portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having a requirement of having multiple logon pages for different users,how it can be achieved.

We are having a portal on EP7.0 with internet and intranet access.In ntranet only employees will login, from internet we are having 3 different URLs through which users will login. Through the IIS we have managed to get the 3 different URL to be redirected to the original Portal.Now my customer is asking tat they need 4 different logon pages for the 4 types of users. Can any one guide me on this.

Thanks

Ravi.S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189631
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Customize the Logon par file Jsp and fetch the url of the portal, based on this you can change the look and feel of the portal logon page.

Ramganesan Karuppaiyah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just like Karuppaiyah said, you need to make the modifications in the logon par file for each login you want to be different. Then you create a desktop with this different login (set the authentication scheme for the iView to the new login) and assign this desktop to a URL alias. Do this for the 3 or 4 different login user groups you have and you are done.

Cheers,

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sunkara,

You should take a look at the Master Rule Collection. This is found in the portal under

System Administration -> Portal Display -> Desktops & Display Rules

In the PCD there browse to

Portal Administrators -> Super Administrators -> Master Rule Collection

There you can define various Portal Desktops or other Rule Sets depending on various parameters (such as URL Alias). You can then have a different Portal Desktop for each user group even before they are authenticated...

Hope that helps!

With kind regards,

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please guide me with some documents on this ,because the changes i have to do is on a live system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There's no "guide" as far as I could find, but here are the most helpful links:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/ed/f794f201654cc8bdd6968e350800d9/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/ed/f794f201654cc8bdd6968e350800d9/frameset.htm

If you just search for Master Rule Collection you should find everything you need in order to implement what you want.

Cheers,

Hermann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Through this i think we can change the Desktop only but not the logon screen.By this we can set in such a way that for different users it will show different desktops.If not through some light on this.

Raavi.s