cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Delta extraction problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a generic datasource on eban table and field for generic delta is ERDAT (Last changed on date). and it is time stamp with upper limit as 1800 seconds.

I took init and then changed one Purchase Requisition. then i took delta and that changed one came to BW. now if i execute the delta infopackage the changed record is still coming. ideally, once it has been transferred to BW, next delta infopackage execution should return 0 records. but it does give the same 1 record.

Please guide further.

Regards,

Ruby Thakkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205352
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since your delta field is ERDAT choose CALDAY instead of timestamp with upper limit as 1 day.

Hope this helps.

m_verbaan2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ruby,

As proposed above indeed use 1 day, but I would use it for the lower limit and use ERDAT (has data element AEDAT = change date: make sure if it is filled when document is created and changed!).

This way you will never miss any data (prerequisite: data is loaded every day!).

The lower limit of 1 day will cause double records to be loaded but this doesn't matter if you first load to DSO. Most recent data will overwrite the older data (when recs have similar key). Better to be safe than sorry

Grtx

Marco

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Can you please tell me in detail how to create a change pointer or how can i write the extractor.

This itself is a generic extractor.

Regards,

Ruby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks to all, my problem is solved partially. Now changed records are coming, but newly created records are not coming in generic delta.

My generic delta settings are on Calendar Day with field as ERDAT and lower limit as 1.

And also, it works for new status of changed records. When i create a new PR, the ERDAT field has the entry of date, but it is not getting extracted.

Please guide further.

Regards,

Ruby

Former Member
0 Kudos

Then you cannot (as far as I know) use the simple way of using the date for generic extraction (only one date fields can be used as the basis for generic extraction)

You will either have to create a change pointer or write your own extractor

I suppose you could have 2 extractors one working of each date and use a DSO to resolve the duplicates (you may need to sandbox the idea first though)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

first of all, the field erdat is just a date. With specifying a limit of 1800 this is not 1800 seconds it is 1800 days. On the other hand, you need to make sure that field is updated always when a requisition gets created or changed. If it will be changed for only one activity you will not get the other.

In case of date fields it is alway a goog idea to specify a upper and lower limit of 1 day.

regards

Siggi