cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ActiveX technology still alive in .NET/SAP enviroment?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are going to develop a large Web application over SAP Portal, most of them in WebDynpro (ABAP). But for some critic functionalities we are going to develop and embedded ActiveX application, that talk with the content page and with the server (via Web Service). We have a little demo of this and its works very well.

But we doubt if ActiveX is a technology with future or not. Honestly we have no experience in .NET and we don't know how develop an equivalent application, as easy to embedded in a BSP, with .NET.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ll

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agustin,

I think using ActiveX is a good way to go, I don't think that ActiveX is dead. Another way to go would be to build a Web Service in .NET with the needed functionality and call this Web Service from your BSP (of Web dynpro) application.

Thanks,

- Juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Jürgen,

Thanks very much. I understand that make a .net web service could be a more "state of the art solution" but it requires have a server on each computer and we want to control some hardware (ticket printer, displays,...) and for some test we made the SOAP protocol is little heavy for our requirements