cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

variant cofiguration question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

1. is it possible to create Variant Configuration without using PP(production planning)? How?

2. how can I connect a characteristic with a material?

thank u

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on your Requirements like........N number of subcomponents Etc..

You should go with VC.....I mean while creating sales order you can make a flexibility to select the components.....by configuring VC.

even you can make the setting in MM side like ...wot are the components to raise purchase requisition......in that order.

After entering the sales order....you copy the data(Thr BAPI) in to Excel or any file.......once you copied the data.manually you post to shop floor

Regards

Lucky.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have three characteristics...e.g Zbike, zprice, zwheel. I did what u said and created a price for red and blue. I also want to create a price for e.g big and small wheel. How can I do it ion order to manage to add the prices and have the total in the sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Dont Maintain Zprice.Mentiaon all the prices in condition records.

You can maintain this in condition records in VK11 using condition type-VA00.

Revert if not resolved.

Regards

Amit Gupta

Edited by: Amit Gupta on Sep 18, 2008 4:52 PM

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

1· Create a Material - KMAT as Material Type with Item Category - 002 by using TCode MM02

2· Create Charateristics using TCode CT04 - Zbike, where in values mention the Color of the bile like Red, Blue etc

3· Create another Characteristics using TCode CT04 - ZPrice, where directly go the additional data tab and maintain the table SDCOM and field VKOND (ABAP Dictionary it will ask for)

4· Assign these two characteristics to a Class using TCode CL01 - ZBikeclass (Type 300) in characteristics tab page.

5· Then go to Configuration Profile using TCode CU41 select the material and enter the description click on the Class assignment, i.e., assign Zbikclass.

6· Now go back to Characteristic using TCode CT04 - enter Zbike -go to values- select Red- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Select Procedure enter in front 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Red' and save

7· Now go back go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

8· Now select Blue- go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Editor - Select Procedure enter in front of 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Blue' and save

9·Now go back go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

10·Now go to Condition Record using TCode VK11 - Enter VA00 (Condition)(For Std RVA001 Pricing Procedure) - enter variant Red and Blue give the rates accordingly and create the sales order.

11· Activate the variant configuration in Sales Document make the above effective or in use

Also If you want complete guide,you can download the same from help.sap.com (Buidling Blocks)

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Some light on Variant Configuration in Detail.

Generally, in SD variant is effectively used for pricing for variant. The following configuration with example will be able to assist you in same regard.

The procedure is as follows:

u2022Create a Material - KMAT as Material Type with Item Category - 002 by using TCode MM02

u2022Create Charateristics using TCode CT04 - Zbike, where in values mention the Color of the bile like Red, Blue etc

u2022Create another Characteristics using TCode CT04 - ZPrice, where directly go the additional data tab and maintain the table SDCOM and field VKOND (ABAP Dictionary it will ask for)

Assign these two characteristics to a Class using TCode CL01 - ZBikeclass (Type 300) in characteristics tab page.

u2022Then go to Configuration Profile using TCode CU41 select the material and enter the description click on the Class assignment, i.e., assign Zbikclass.

u2022Now go back to Characteristic using TCode CT04 - enter Zbike -go to values- select Red- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Select Procedure enter in front 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Red' and save

u2022Now go back go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

u2022Now select Blue- go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Editor - Select Procedure enter in front of 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Blue' and save

u2022Now go back go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

u2022Now go to Condition Record using TCode VK11 - Enter VA00 (Condition)(For Std RVA001 Pricing Procedure) - enter variant Red and Blue give the rates accordingly and create the sales order.

u2022Activate the variant configuration in Sales Document make the above effective or in use.

Thanks

Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Steps for Variant Configuration in SD

Some light on Variant Configuration in Detail.

Generally, in SD variant is effectively used for pricing for variant. The following configuration with example will be able to assist you in same regard.

The procedure is as follows:

1· Create a Material - KMAT as Material Type with Item Category - 002 by using TCode MM02

2· Create Charateristics using TCode CT04 - Zbike, where in values mention the Color of the bile like Red, Blue etc

3· Create another Characteristics using TCode CT04 - ZPrice, where directly go the additional data tab and maintain the table SDCOM and field VKOND (ABAP Dictionary it will ask for)

4· Assign these two characteristics to a Class using TCode CL01 - ZBikeclass (Type 300) in characteristics tab page.

5· Then go to Configuration Profile using TCode CU41 select the material and enter the description click on the Class assignment, i.e., assign Zbikclass.

6· Now go back to Characteristic using TCode CT04 - enter Zbike -go to values- select Red- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Select Procedure enter in front 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Red' and save

7· Now go back go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

8· Now select Blue- go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Editor - Select Procedure enter in front of 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Blue' and save

9·Now go back go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

10·Now go to Condition Record using TCode VK11 - Enter VA00 (Condition)(For Std RVA001 Pricing Procedure) - enter variant Red and Blue give the rates accordingly and create the sales order.

11· Activate the variant configuration in Sales Document make the above effective or in use.

Hope it helps

Regards

Amit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on your Requirements like........N number of subcomponents Etc..

You should go with VC.....I mean while creating sales order you can make a flexibility to select the components.....by configuring VC.you can make the chsrecterstic its not a prob)

even you can make the setting in MM side like ...wot are the components to raise purchase requisition......in that order.

After entering the sales order....you copy the data(Thr BAPI) in to Excel or any file.......once you copied the data.manually you post to shop floor

Regards

Lucky.