cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration EWA in solution manager for systems in the landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus ,

i wish to configure EWA in solution manager for all the systems in the landscape .

Can you please guide me to configure this is TC:Solution_manager for all the systems in the landscape

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susin,

you should be able to reach the configuaration page via dswp->open the solution you want to configure->operations setup->Solution Monitoring-.>EarlyWatch Alert->Setup EarlyWatch Alert

On that page you can activate EWA for the individual satellites in the solution, decide whether the data should be forwarded to SAP and on what day of the week EWA should take place, among other things.

I hope that helps.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

i need to know the services that needs to be created in satellite system and the solution manager to get the EWA from satellite systems periodically .

I dont want to run these reports to be run in SAP

i want to run them on solution manager system .

help me to configure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susin,

if you've already checked the points I listed in the Solution Manager, then you just need to make sure that SDCCN is activated in the satellite systems and that a refresh sessions task is scheduled to run periodically to fetch the EWA sessions from the Solution Manager. (Make sure you select the RFC destination to your Solution Manager, not SDCC_OSS when creating the task.) Then SDCCN in the satellites should automatically pick up EWA sessions from the Solution Manager and send EWA back to Solution Manager.

best regards,

-David.

Former Member
0 Kudos

make sure you have the latest version of ST-A/PI and ST-PI in the satellite systems.

also don't forget to run the program RCTTOOL in the satellite systems.

Roel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susin,

Solman Server. first you have to add fully qualified server name on your instance profile.

then follow the steps.

1.SMSY - transaction you need to add the Satellite server

2. Need to setup the below RFC destination for individual Satellite system.

You can setup the above RFC destination via SMSY - Landscape components - Systems-

Solam server :

Sm_"ECCCLNTXXX"_Read

Sm_"ECCCLNTXXX"_TMW

Sm_"ECCCLNTXXX"_Trusted and

Satellite server side :

SM_SM1CLNT100_BACK

SM_SM1CLNT100_TRUSTED

Make sure that above mentioned RFC you have created and all of them are working fine without any error.

3.Solman server : .dswp->open the solution you want to configure->operations setup->Solution Monitoring-.>EarlyWatch Alert->

Click on Setup EarlyWatch Alert and activate EWA .

4.Solman server - SMSY - Goto Environment from the Menu bar -> Solution Manager Operations ->

Click on Administration SDCCN - Need to add the Satellite systems.

You have to setup the SAPOSS connection to SAP.

5.Satellite system: Goto SDCCN transaction-> And activate. Once activated Maintenance Package and Service perparation check task created automatically

you can start the task Service perparation check to make sure that everything ok. If you find any error message. fix it.

6.Satellite system: Display the RFC Destination to the SAP Service Service System. Sdccn - >

Select Goto from the Menu bar -> Settings -> Task Specific - Settings ->

ON the Destination Tab, you shoukd always see two destinations, the destination

SDCC_OSS is a copy of RFC Destination SAPOSS and leads to SAP. Its used for refressing the Service Definitions.

The Other Back destination(USM_SM1CLNT100_BACK) is leads to Solution Manager System. This Destination is

Used to transmit EWA Session data. Set the Master SAP Solution Manager System. if not you have to add the destinations

7.Then goto Solman Server DSWP -> Open your solution -> Operations -> Earlywatch alert - You see Various EWA Sessions scheduled for system

Click Refresh Button. Notice that different icon beside the EWA Sessions

There is one which is ready for processing

One which is overdue (Red Flag)

Click on the EWA Session with the two tiny test tubes besides it.

Hope this could help you to setup EWA. if you need any more clarifications please reply..

Thanks

Thirumal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may setup EWA following the steps described in the SAP tutorial in

the URL below:

https://service.sap.com/~sapidb/011000358700006936042005E.sim

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have seen this tutorial and then done setup of EWA .

buit still all the schedules in my dswp are becoming are overdue .

in my satellite system i have scheduled

maintain_sdcc with target as solution manager

(RFC destination is working correctly when i check in SM59 . but the task is failing with the log ,

" Sessions cannot be refreshed from destination SM_<SID>CLNTxxx_BACK "

0 Kudos

Hello Susin,

Check if the back RFC as mentioned in the error which is from Satellite system to Solution Manager system is working fine.

Regards

Farzan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The program should be RTCCTOOL .

Answers (0)