cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTW: Error Item No. is Missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to upload item master data thru dtw. I am taking 4 fields Item no, Item name, Manufacturer, ItemGroupCode, but its giving me error as Item no. is missing. Please help me out. Waiting for your earliest reply.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is your DTW version ? Which database issue occurs ?

Have you tried using Import from Excel - Item ?

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Version: 2005.0.11

API Version: 6.80.320.

I am using SAP B1 2005 B PL 35. So according to you this version of DTW will support or not. Please let me knw.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please un-install DTW and reinstall it from the Patch 35 extracted files which contains the DTW folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martuza,

I was getting the same error in B12007A SP00 PL42.

I've solved it by adding "-1" to the Manufactor column.

Regards,

Vítor Vieira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I'm getting the same error in SAP B1 2007B.

How to fix this issue ?

Cheers,

Suresh Kannan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can upgrade to patch SAP B1 2005B PL 41 & ensure after upgrade pl check DTW is also updated to DTW 2005.0.19.

Problem may solve after upgrade.

In mean time try to import item master using Import from Excel.

Jeyakanthan

former_member708266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please change the field format to "Text" in the excel file for the item No. field and test whether the issue could be solved or not.

Please so have a check on the version of DTW, whether you are using a old version fo DTW or not.

Wish it is useful for you.

Regards

Apple

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have make the field as Text for item no. but still its giving me the same error as item no is missing. Plz help me out. Waiting for ur earliest reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can U little bit clear.

I believe Item code is Item No. and do remember to give Record key. And few informations is must when u do Item master data via DSTW. U have to mention AssetItem (yes or No), Sales Item and also inventory item.

Give us some basic information like what patch level in ur B1

By

Kalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot for ur reply.Im using 2005 B PL 35. I have checked by taking AssetItem=tNO,InventoryItem=tYES,PurchaseItem=tNO,SalesItem=tNO,

but still im gettting the same error as item no is missing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should use 'RecordKey' as the first column in DTW template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I am using Record key as first column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Paste few lines from your DTW template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link, which explains How can I determine which fields are mandatory in a Data Transfer Workbench (DTW) template?

[https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=36438280]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply, It says there are two mandatory fields one is item no. and another is manufacturer i have checked ths one earlier.

Former Member
0 Kudos

RecordKey

RecordKey

ItemCode

ItemCode

MA

AssetItem

AssetItem

tNO

InventoryItem

InventoryItem

tYES

ItemName

ItemName

Murtuza

ItemsGroupCode

ItemsGroupCode

Manufacturer

Manufacturer

HP

PurchaseItem

PurchaseItem

tNO

SalesItem

SalesItem

tNO

ths are the fields im taking in the Items.

in the items_Prices i am taking four field recordkey, linenum,currency,price.

its giving me the same error item no is missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murtuza ,

What text format is used when you save your template? It is better in Tab Delimited.

Another thing to check, it would be better if you have longer than 2 letters as item code. Check by DTW only one record with long string to see.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the Map Rules and see if you template columns are aligning with the right fields.

Also, in STEP 3 : Click on the Target Data Tab and check only the box Add existing objects to Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Gordon thanks for ur reply i have tried by making the file as tab delimited and with long string but still its giving the same error item no is missing.Plz help me out wht shud i do ??? waiting for ur reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

What exact Item Code do you use for DTW? You just need one record to try.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur valuable suggestions. I have two Check boxes in Target Data tab One is Add all Items into Schema if cant find corresponding item when updating

The second one is Update schema.

So what could be the problem i have to import ths item master data and im unable to fix the problem. Please help me out. Waiting for ur earliest reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes im just trying to see whether i am able to import the data or not. After data i will take the live data i am using only one record to import but unable to import that one record also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have send that template to one of my friend he is telling that he is able to upload that file its working fine, but here its still giving me the error. Can you suggest me wat could be the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, you need to check your DTW version and install the latest one to match your version.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Version: 2005.0.11

API Version: 6.80.320.

I am using SAP B1 2005 B PL 35. So according to you this version of DTW will support or not. Please let me knw.