cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM MDM catalog :Extra features

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in MDM.I have tried working on SRM MDM catalog2.0.Ihave implemented MDM feature of

Data Enrichment(Adding images.PDFs)

Data Governance(workflows)

Product Relationship

Named searches.

I want to whether anything else can be added to this.

also want to know what is Punch out and cross catalog search in catalog?

Regards

Nisha

Edited by: Nisha L on Sep 18, 2008 12:37 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

from the perspective of punch out catalog, what it means is catalog which is maintained at content broker or market place, at vendor's place is known or spelled as punch out catalog.

As far as SRM MDM catalog 2.0 is concerned apart from the below details from your end we can perform some more activities like creating masks, hierarchies, parent child relation ships for products which are treated as kits.And create attributes in taxanomy mode, and maintain user data under admin tab.

regards,

IGA

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have implemented masks n taxonomies.Anything else that I have missed out on part of MDM .

and is MDM catalog a punch out catalog?

Regards

Nisha

0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

You can use SRM-MDM Catalog as a punch out catalog as well. But, I'm not sure if you can upload the contract prices / purchase info record through the Import Manager into the Repository as you will be using the catalog ina different network and you will be invoking the Catalog UI through a Proxy server(Idally a Reverse proxy). The transfer of Items through the OCI from the Search UI to the SRM application or any other application can work with the Reverse proxy.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sherfu