cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

material data in document tab of BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Whenever I am entering a component in the BOM the same BOM is getting copied in the document tab of the BOM.with the same quantity.

Can anyone tell me where the settings will be wrong.Why is this happening and where shud the changes be carried out.

Thanks inadvance to all.

Regards

manisha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all for your help

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is standard.There is nothing problematic.That screen is for assigning Document to the relevant components.

Regards,

Dhaval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Document tab will be giving the details of the texts and doc for the materials that you enter in Material tab.

Save and check with CS11- Explode BOM.

Thanks

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

There are no documents for the components,the material itself is getting copied there.This is my problem.

Regards,

Manisha

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Manisha,

If the Line item category is D means then that particular Document number will be copied as Document

under Document tab key.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manisha,

If Item catagory is showing as "L" then it is just copying the discription of the material.

if item catagory is showing as 'D' then only it is document item.

if you still have any issues then please reply.

Also please provide the data like what is the documnet type, document part etc. against documnet component..

Regards,

Shailendra Hadkar

dhaval_choksi3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manisha,

That is standard.That screen is a part of Item data screen.But if your item category is other than D (Document) than all the Tabs related to Document like Document no./Version/Type will remain disable.Rest of the data gets copy automatically from the item data screen.

Regards,

Dhaval