cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consignment and pipeline

Former Member
0 Kudos

what are the steps to create a consignment and pipeline purc order. what are the pre-requisite in MM?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Check the link you'll get everything and could also find many things from the same link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/c6/af3c415e5dde2be10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Regards

Priyanka.P

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The process are:

#Consignment Process:

Vendor provides materials & stores them on your company premises. The vendor remains the legal owner of the material until you withdraw material from consignment stores. The steps:

a. ME11,

b. Create Contract, ME31 ( item category K)

c. ME01 (enter Contract Number)

d. Create PR( item category K)

e. Create PO ( item category K)

f.GR

g.GI

h. Consignment Settlement

The Accounting Generated After GR/GI/Settlement are:

1.Goods Receipt

 No Accounting Movement

2.Goods Issue

 Consumption A/C: DR

 Consignment (Liability Account ) Payable: CR

3.Consignment Settlement

 Consignment (Liability Account ) Payable: DR

 Vendor Account A/C: CR

#Pipeline material

Pipeline material is a material that flows directly into the production process from a pipeline (for example, oil), from a pipe (for example, tap water), or from another similar source (for example, electricity). A material from the pipeline is always available; i.e. it can be withdrawn from the pipeline at any time and in any quantity.The steps are:

a.ME11,

b.ME01,

c.ME51,

d.ME21,

e.MB1A

The Accounting Generated After GI/Settlement are:

1.Goods Issue

 Consumption A/C: DR

 A/c Payable For Pipeline : CR

2.Pipeline Settlement

 A/c Payable For Pipeline : DR

 Vendor Account A/C: CR

Regards,

Biju K

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Maintain the INforecord for Consignment and Pipeline for creating PO.

Thanks & Regards,

kiran

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Consignment is a functionality in MM-PUR wherein you purchase materials from the vendor on a consignment-basis. When the delivery comes, the materials, though will be stored in your warehouse, are still legally owned by the vendor until they are consumed, i.e. GI posting (this is the only time you will be liable to the vendor).

You just have to make sure, you set up the following to run this function perfectly:

1. Maintain account determination

KNO G/L acct: GR/IR Clearing

AKO G/L acct: Inventory account

2. Check field status compatibility at G/L account, posting keys in the IMG or run SE38/RM07CUFA to display fields compatibilities.

3. Set up output condition type KONS.

4. On the material master record, set special procurement indicator to 10 (consignment) at MRP2 view.

5. Create Info record for the consigned material and vendor-consignor. Be sure the info category is Consignment.

Now Create a Consignment Info Record in ME11 with Material, Plant & Vendor Combination.

Create a Purchase Order With Item Category K and Net Price Field will be grayed out (Since the Settlement can be done based on PIR Price)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please explain the reason to use SE38 and how to create KONS cond type

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

KONS is the Out Put Condition type Like for Purchase Order its EF.

It Seems you are looking New to MM. If So, Please go to Top Third Stick thread by Mohammed Arif for MM Stuff.

Regards,

Ashok