cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem wih analysis authorization for two scenarios on same data provider

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am looking for a solution on the following authorization scenario (using the new analysis authorization). Unfortunately everything that I tried did not work out as expected:

User A is allowed to manually access query 1 (based on cube A) with authorization on all sites A-Z

The same user A shall get an email distribution automatically (derivation of the filter in the query out of the authorization) for query 2, which is as well based on cube A, but this time the authorization shall be limited only to site A.

As both queries are based on the same infoobject (0PLANT) and the same infoprovider (0TCAIPROV) I always get the result for all sites A-Z. The 0TCAACTVT is in both cases 03 (display), so I have no chance to distinguish between reporting and email distribution.

Probably the only chance would be to derive the values for the email distribution scenario not from the authorization directly, but using a customer exit to fill the filter - but I would prefer a "standard" solution...

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andreas,

Before give you an alternative for you problem, Iu2019d like to comment the combining authorization concept:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/46/98cd87f37d19ace10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

For this reason I suggest you which combing restriction through authorization and query filter. For query 2 try to use in 0PLANT characteristic the single value u201Csite Au201D, this restriction give you only authorization for see this value.

Otherwise, you have to use customer exit.

I hope that alternative help you to find a solution,

Luis

Answers (0)