cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to show Chinese in a BusinessObjects interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I run the report against an Oracle 10g DB. I can show the Simplified Chinese which are extracted from the DB. When I directly run the report using the CRystal designer on the local PC, everything is normal. But if I run the same report through a BusinessObjects interface, the Chinese words will become some squares!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Huamin,

If the issue works fine with in the designer available at your end then the enterprise settings should be done.

For the settings in the enterprise to reach your requirement you can post a question to the Admin Team as they are much more expertise in the Administration or server side applications.

Let me know.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mahendra_jain1
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi, I am running into the same issue. Did you find any resolution on it?

Crystal report with chinese character from SQL server works fine in Crystal Designer and When exported to PDF from Crystal Designer.

When I save it on the CMC or Infoview or Business Object XI or Crystal Report server and export to PDF it shows boxes.

Please let me know if you find any resolution to the issue.

Thank you,

Mahendra

james_wong
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi HuaMin,

This issue seems to be not happening in Crystal Report Designer and it will be faster if you post the question in the following forum:

Forum: BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration

They will be able to assist you much faster.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Chen,

1.When you have followed the language settings on your local machine and try to publish it in the enterprise .

2.When you are trying to open the report in Infoview and export it to Pdf format and schedule it or save it to your enterprise.

3.You should have the same settings enabled on your enterprise machine.

4.When you try to open the document in the server machine you can read the document with chinese language.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't know if the problem is owing to anything in the report server, since I don't have the control on the report server. What should have been installed in such BO report server?

The situation is we do have a BO interface for running the reports. The issue only happened within the interface! It runs correctly in my PC if I call Crystal designer in my PC and run the report to take any Chinese from an Oracle DB and to show those.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just try to run the crystal designer from your PC

to take any Chinese from an Oracle DB.

So, we can verify that without any interface we will be able to run the report in designer or not.

Let me know with the further action.

Then we can continue the same if we want to view it with chinese characters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Would suggest you to check the particular font.Mentioned below are steps to check the particular font.

1)Click on Control Panel.

2)Select Regional and language settings

3)Click on Reginal Tab,in location pane you will see all the list.

4)If the chinese font is not avavilable then click on advanced tab and select the particular language.

Try the above if it doesnt work let us know.

Regards

Asha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for this late reply.

The symptom is, I can see the Chinese. But when generating the output to PDF format or the printer (when doing this through the Crystal server), it will have squares for the Chinese.

But when I do this in my local PC, everything is normal!