cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling the invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created an order which is not relevant for delivery.

Billing has also been created, milestone billing on 1st july.Now the customer wants a different bill to party name in the invoice.so we have cancelled the invoice now,After that only we came to know that accounting period has been closed.

after cancelling the invoice cancel document got created but not the accounting document.i have again craeted the billing today for which also accounting document is not generating.

what should i do now...

venugopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member70391
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venu Gopal,

As per my understanding

1. Firsy you created the invoice for which accouting document is created.

2. Then you cancelled it but accouting document is not created

3. You created one more invoice.

Now do the following steps.

1. Cancel the invoice which you created in 3rd step so that there will be balance in 3rd invoice. Do not do any changes just cancel the 3rd invoice. I hope no accouting document will be generated. SO it is balanced.

2. Try to release the 2nd step cancellation invoice, as you said it is becoz of period is closed. Check the open period for G/L account in OB52. And then change the billing date of cancellation invoice which you crrated in 2nd step and save. I hope now accouting docum,ent is created .

3. Change the Bill ti party in the order and create the new invoice with correct peruiod.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagaraj Kalbavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use tcode vf02 and click on "Release to accounting " icon, (grren clour flag), you will get error msg at the bottom if accounting document is not generated.

Click on that error msg , you will uderstand what is the issue.

Rajesh