cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO not subject to Release strategy but PR is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am trying to check what purchases have occured in my organisation which have not been authorised at some point.

I first have done a search using table EKKO for PO's not assigned a release strategy and found many. Therefore I thought well maybe they have been authorised at the PR level using a release strategy. I looked at one and this seems to be the case.

Am I right in thinking that what has happened in this scenario is that a PR has been created, been released via the appropriate release codes and then automatically become a PO but the PO has not met the criteria of a release strategy and so been released automatically?

I'm a little confused because we only appear to have release strategies defined for PO so how would these pick up PR?

BTW our release strategies are classified on PO approval - reasons and PO approval - Plant.

Last thing:

So if I want to check which orders have not been authorised I was thinking of using table EKPO to look for PO documents with no PR (Do all PO's need a PR?) and no release strategy assigned to the PO. Using table viewer SE16 how do I specify "null" i.e. no value? Do I just type NULL?

I guess then I need to look at all PR's that come out to see if they have got a release strategy assigned?

Thanks for your help, sorry for the rambling question...

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris,

1. Your PRs might not be subject to release strategies at all

-

Go to SE16 and look up T16FG, and run it wide.. look for the release object .. if you see "1" you have Release configured for PRs as well, else 2 is for POs

2. Tcode ME2N, select dynamic selection and under PO header choose Release status and Subject to release indicator and play around with them the way you want.

also, choose Purchasing item>> purchase requisition and in teh field .. right click and choose options..= and leave teh field blank, that 'd mean null

execute the report based on other criteria if any

Not all POs require a requisition although they should theoretically.

Answers (0)