Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trigger an event after an IDOC is being created.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to start on this:

I want to run a function module after an IDOC comes into our system (and is saved in the DB).

The idoc creates an inbound delivery and I have to change a value on this delivery.

I was trying to create an event that calls my function module.

Via the processing code of the IDOC I see that the object type: IDOCPACKET has an end event: MASSINPUTFINISHED

So I tried to create an enty with this object type and event in the transaction SWETYPV :

BOR Object Type IDOCPACKET MASSINPUTFINISHED SUBSCRIBE

And here in the details I've put Reciever Call: Function module and below the name of my function module. And put the linkage actived.

But now when I try transaction SWUE i don't seem to create the event. I'm wordering what I'm doing wrong...;

thanks!

Caroline,

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

"The idoc creates an inbound delivery and I have to change a value on this delivery."

Is it not possible to change the value, while creating the inbound delivery using user exits

Regards

MD

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can change the values while processing the IDoc through inbound function module. You can find user exits in the inbound function module and try to change the values.

If trying to change the delivery by some other means while the Inbound function module is in process is not possible.

Pls let me know if i'm not clear with your question.

thanks,

krishna

0 Kudos

Hi,

No I've already tried to make the change in the exit of the inbound processing. But the field that I have to change ( LIPS-VFDAT) is not in the subset of fields that is being transferred to create the inbound.

So I cannot use that ... (I think).

This is why I tried to do it via an event to really change the delivery after the IDOC is into the system.

Thanks,