cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fix height message area

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

is it possible to influence the height of the message area (component wdr_message_area)?

my aim is to get the same height in px of the transparent container in the cases when

1. there are no messages

and

2. if there are messages

is this possible?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

why do you need a transparent container? You can set the number of shown messages (be aware that the message area is already a scroll container) and fix the size independant of the total number of message. Unfortunately the message area is smaller in case of no messages. This can't be influenced.

Regards,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rainer,

I need the transparent container because I can´t change the property settings of a message area which is on a sap standard web dynpro component in cprojects.

and I don´t want to modificate a sap standard wd component

so I made an wd enhancement and disabled the standard message area. within the enhancement I created a new message area in a transparent container which settings can be adjusted by me now.

TomVanDoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

nvm

Edited by: Tom Van Doorslaer on Sep 19, 2008 10:40 AM

rainer_liebisch
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thorsten,

no, this is not possible. You can' t influence the height of the message area.

Regards,

Rainer

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you rainer but are you really sure?

you can put the message area in an transparent container and then you can give this transparent container a fixed height (e. g. 100 px).

this works fine but my problem is when the message area doesn´t contain messages the height (I mean the white space in the transparent container which is shown in browser) is lower than 100 px...

is it really impossible to influence this? I am thinking of an wd enhancement like a post-exit for wddoinit of wdr_message_area or something else...

Yashpal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can u try by adding the WDR_MESSAGE_AREA component as a used component and then in the main component view , create a view container . for the view container set the height and width in px and then add the window MAIN_WINDOW of WDR_MESSAGE_AREA in it..

Regards

Yash

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you Yash,

but what is the difference in your proposal to my try of embedding the message area in an fixed transparent container?

fixing the transparent container in height works but my problem is that the message area inside is changing its height depending if messages exist...