Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my business, scenario is like this:

Purchase will create PO, for say 1000 qty. (single line item)

Source inspection is activated in Q-info record.

Now source inspection should be carried our as per the qty available @ vendor site at that time (say 150 qty is ready for inspection)

Now requirement is source inspection lot should be created for 150 qty.only

As per my understanding QI07 will understand the total PO qty. & creates the lot.

So how it is possible to create inspection lot for 150 qty against the total PO of 1000 qty.

tx......

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may change the delivery schedule in PO for the available quantity. (For example - 150 PC on 10th, 850 PC on 30th). Then try to create source inspection lot.

Regards,

Prashant

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

create lot for 1000 quantity and assign inspection points to the plan

then create inspection points and do result recording for 150 qty

sasikanth

vst-itpw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I wrote above scenario to SAP and I got feedback that multiple Source insp. lot can not be created against Single PO (off-course if PO is with Single line item & No delivery schedule is maintained)

Amit/Sasiakanth

thax. for Solution.

Thax. to everyone for replies

Ajay

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you looked at changing the inspection lot qty in QA02?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

your solution is perfectly working..........but problem is purchase people are unable to make such way delivery schedule at initial time due to business constraint.

Craig,

i am unable to change inspection lot Qty thru QA02 bcoz of my lot is in REL mode, i am able to change only Actual lot qty.

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there other way..........

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

Create source inspection lot with full qty. and change the lot qty in lot itself by using QAC1 Tcode.

Go to QAC1

Enter Inspection lot number.

In qty field change the qty and save.

Check and give the feed back.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Babu,

Thax. for reply.

I already tried this, by doing so i can change only Actual lot Qty. but i want to change Insp. Lot Qty.

(QAC1 allows to change insp. lot Qty only if the Lot is in CRTD Mode.in my case Lot is in REL. so i cant change insp. lot qty. it only allow me to change Actual lot Qty for REL lot. and not allow to change insp. lot qty)

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

The above problem I think is arrising due your sample size,

Go to QAC3- reset sample calculation.

by doing this your lot will get CRTD status, then change the actual lot qty, after doing this your lot qty will be same as insp. lot qty.

If any problem revert back otherwise award some points.

Regards,

Amit Shirsath.

Note: dont forget to reset the sample in QA02 otherwise the lot will be in CRTD stage only.

Edited by: Amit Shirsath on Sep 22, 2008 10:46 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

waiting for some more options