Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maint. plan scheduling

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have created a Strategy based maint. plan with monthly based strategy. I have defined 1 month=4 weeks.So when i m scheduling the maint. plan for 365 days , I m getiing 13 calls instead of 12 and in one of the month there r two maint. orders. Now the issue is the maint is done by external party on annual contract basis( they will do maint. 12 times in a year) . Now what to do to solve the issue?

regards

sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi sunil

Maintain the scheduling indicator as Time - key date

Schedule it and reply me with points if ur satisfied

- pithan

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Pithan,

Key date scheduling not possible

Message no. IP813

Diagnosis

You have attempted to perform key date scheduling.

Key date scheduling is not allowed for performance-based strategies.

In the case of time strategies, all maintenance packages or cycles must

last at least a month or a multiple thereof.

System Response

The System automatically removes the indicator Key date scheduling and

sets it to time scheduling.

Now what to do?

regards

sunil

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi sunil

For performanced based u cannot use Time - Key date

It depends on the couter readings u enter in the cycle.

Note :

Dont use production server when testing Plans. It will affect the total plans created.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Try using a month (MON) unit of measure instead of week

PeteA

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PeteA,

U mean to say i need to change strategy unit or create new strategy?

regards

sunil

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sunil,

Your initial post says you want 12 maintenance periods i.e. monthly.

Normally you would create a monthly based strategy.

However, if you have an existing strategy, you need to be very careful if you change any settings as it will affect all maintenance plans linked to that strategy.

If your strategy is in a test environment, then go ahead and change the strategy unit from week to month.

PeteA

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PeteA,

This is not in test state.Maint. Plan has been scheduled already. Now the requierment is coming from the business due the issue which i have described in my earlier poste. Now what to do ? Hoping for a solution

regards

sunil

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

I don't think key-date scheduling will work with weekly based strategies, but give it a try...

How many plans are linked to this strategy?

PeteA

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PeteA ,

There r no. of plans with this strategy, key date is not working and if i create new strategy then i could not change the strategy in the maint. plan( as per my knowledge) and if i change the current strategy then it will affect the all the plans which r having this strategy. So what to do ? Any other solution to satisfy the business.

regards

sunil

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

Ok, if there are no plans linked to the strategy, then go ahead and change the UoM to months (MON)

Then you will need to go back to all the task lists connected to this strategy and change the Packages to the new ones specified in your strategy.

PeteA

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PeteA,

As per ur advice i m doing the same but the problem is change in strategy is not reflecting in the task list and in the task list strategy field is grey so in the task list changed strategy can not be assigned again.

regards

sunil

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunil,

You need to de-select all the packages from the operations in the task list before you can change the strategy .

PeteA

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear PeteA,

If i set the deletion flag to all plans having that strategy and create new plans with new strategy then what?will it affect the reporting and any other affects.

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Inspection plan if you set for deletion then at the time achiving it will be deleted from system.

Now if you create new plan with same starategy there will be no effect on reporting or any other effect since it is independent plan.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

If i deactivate the maint. plan then what and i m creating the the maint plan with new strategy.

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

If you deactivate the no call object will be generated furthure and it will remain as it is.

It will not have any impact on your another plan with same strategy......Reason: You can have as many plan for one equipment Its not that if you have created system will restrict you and it is not going to impact anywhere.

I think you don't want previous plan to be active and you just want new plan. Simply you put inactive.

Please read [here|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/3c/abb62d413911d1893d0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Edited by: Kaushal Rai on Sep 19, 2008 4:26 PM

Edited by: Kaushal Rai on Sep 19, 2008 4:28 PM

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

As i told in my early post that in one of the month there r two maint order for ex- 2sep & 30sep and again single order in every month after september.Can i shift the 30sep order to next month and rest of the orders after that in the way that two orders will not fall in the same month again . ( By using Shift Factor Late Compl ,Tolerance ).

If could then plz guide. Then i will not have to create new maint plan.

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

If i undertand ur point is that your plan is of 15 days and two orders are created in one month accordingly and now you want that you don't want to do work for second oder eg 30th sept order.

Shift factor is not going to play any role here at all

Solutions:

For this you can skip the call date which has created order on 30th. and Now change the plan from 15 days to 30 days or 1Month.

Next time your order will be generated every month.

Plz come out with your problem. What do you want in your plan.......If i have wrongly understud ur point.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

I have created a Strategy based maint. plan with monthly based strategy. I have defined 1 month=4 weeks.So when i m scheduling the maint. plan for 365 days , I m getiing 13 calls instead of 12 and in one of the month there r two maint. orders. Now the issue is the maint is done by external party on annual contract basis( they will do maint. 12 times in a year) . So i want that in the month for which there r two maint orders second order shifted to next month and onwards order also shifted in the way that two orders will not fall in the same the month.

I hope i m able to explain my problem. Hoping for solution.

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Totally confused!!!

Just let me know these things. How many pacjakes you have and what is the unit? Eg. 1M, 3M, 6M etc..

Next things once you have designed your plan with your strategy then plan is being created exactly as per strategy. Now why do u want to shift?

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

My strategy is as

4wk = 1m

8wk = 2m

12wk = 3m

24wk = 6m

48wk = 1Y

96wk = 2Y

I have selected the pkg 1m,3m,6m,1Y. Now when i m scheduling the plan for 365 days, I m getting 13 calls and in one of the month there r two calls but i want only one call each month bcoz maint. is done by external party. For ex in sep there r two calls one is in 2sep and second after 4wk on 30sep so i want to shift the second call for the next month for ex 4oct but now again there will two calls in the oct bcoz as per scheduling (next call on 28oct (30sep+4wk).So i want to shift all the calls from 30sep in the way that every month will have only one call in each month.

Might be i m able to clear.looking for solution.

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

I request you to please read about maintenance staretegy plan, maintenance packages and assignment operation to packgaes!

Even if you create new plan then also problem will not be resolved.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal ,

Problem will solve if i create new maint. strategy in which 1M=1M not 4wk=1m and then create new maint plan but business people don't want new maint. plan they want some correction in the old plan by using shift factor & tolrence. So i m looking for the solution with help of scheduling parametes. Is this possible?

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Correct!! You are using different UOM in strategy plan. I don't know if you want monthly maintenance then why u created strategy plan. For this requirement singly cycle is enough.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

To use different maint. pkgs i have created strategy based maint. plan. Now to solve the issue i m thinking to change the cycle modification factor from 1 to 1.10 then in this case two maint plan will not call in the same month. Should i do this ? looking for yr view.

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sunil,

Cycle modification factor will multiply all the packages. Its not for single package. Take note of it before doing.

Regards,

Kaushal rai

former_member220863
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kaushal,

Not getting could u explain , as i m using 1m,3m,6mand 1Yr pkg.

regards

sunil

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Again I am saying shif factor is not going to help. Shift factor is for taking necessary action if creted order or notification not done on time. It will shift the next plan date accordingly.

Eg. 1 month Plan

Call date 01.01.2008 Shift Factor +ve 100% Tolerance 0%

Now if you doing job on 02.02.2008 (one date late according to plan) Now here shift factor will play the role. It will simply generate next call date on 02.03.2008 otherwise it was to be genrated on 01.03.2008 (Bcoz it one month plan)

So I mean to say this can't help. You simply put the deletion flag or deactivate and create new plan.

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

former_member192718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Run T-code IP25 select your plan and execute without Test run.

Now your plan has been marked for deletion. Ask your basis guy to delete this plan from system now.

Or you do by urself by this process:

T-code SARA > Object Name (PM_MPLAN)> Press delete button>Archive selection (remove test mode)>Execute

Its done

Note: Only those plan which are set for deletion. This i told how to set deletion

Regards,

Kaushal Rai

Edited by: Kaushal Rai on Sep 20, 2008 3:37 PM