cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move a corrputed BO 6.5 repository to another healthy one

Former Member
0 Kudos

To whom it may concern:

I have a corrupted BO 6.5 repository and can not be scanned, repaired, or compacted. And, the repository does not have a backup. I plan to move out everything in the repository to another healthy DB.

The thing I can think now to take care is:

1. Export the user list by Supervisor.

2. Export all universes by Designer.

How to backup the job list in multi BCAs? And, do I miss anything?

Anyone who provide the complete moving procedure will be much more appreciated.

Thank you!!

Antonio

P.S. the system parameters:

1. BO: 6.5.1

2. DB: Oracle 9.2.0.4

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no much to do if you have corrupted repository with no backup. The good thing is that BO 6.x repository has little no encryption, so you can see the tables generated.

Why not then, copying the whole database to another machine and edit the tables manually looking for abnormalities and modifications at the time the DB was corrupted.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

All tasks related to BCA are stored in the DS_PENDING_JOB table contained in the repository. Once you backup the repository, this table will also be backed up including all the pending jobs (list) in your BCA's.

0 Kudos

Antonio,

Hello. How did you determine that the repository was corrupted? What errors do you get when you click scan? Did you scan the security and document domains?

If the data is corrupted and you have no backup, what will you gain by importing corrupted data into a new repo?

Sharon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sharon:

The reason why I think my BO 6.5 Repository is corrupted is that I can not do any thing like scan/repair in the Supervisor module. Each time I do, the BO give me a message window full of garbage message and then close the supervisor.

However, luckily my BO system is still working but I am afraid that someday it might die. I've tried to copy the entire repository to another machine and scan/repair it but no use. That is why I am looking for a way to create/build a new repository without losing anything.

Help...

Antonio

0 Kudos

Antonio,

What version of Supervisor are you performing the scan from? (Open Supervisor, go to Help>About)

Are you performing the scan from Supervisor on the server or from your client PC?

Do you get the same results from both the Security domain and Document domain?

What options do you have checked in the Scan window and what level of reporting?

If output to file is checked, can you attach the file for my review.

How large is your repository?

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Antonio,

What version of Supervisor are you performing the scan from? (Open Supervisor, go to Help>About)

Are you performing the scan from Supervisor on the server or from your client PC?

Do you get the same results from both the Security domain and Document domain?

What options do you have checked in the Scan window and what level of reporting?

If output to file is checked, can you attach the file for my review.

How large is your repository?"

Hi:

We are in BO 6.5 SP4, I scan the repository from my client PC and Server. And, I get the same results from both the Security domain and Document domain. I try almost possible options like scan , scan and repair with any level. Since each time I scan the repository, BO gives me full screen of garbage message and close Supervisor, I cam not get any output form it for your review. The repository DB is around 640 MB.

Please help.

Antonio

Edited by: Yun-Chang Chen on Jan 5, 2009 9:47 AM