cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports XI runtime component - what license to use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We purchased Crystal Reports XI Professional (2 licenses) about 2 years ago. Recently our developer need to use Crystal Reports Runtime Packages (CR XI R2 - SP4 for Visual Studio .NET 2005 Server). The installation file name is : crXIr2sp4_net_server_install.zip, which I downloaded from http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp.

My query is : do we need a separate license for this product? because when I tried to use our existing CR XI Professional Edition license key to install the runtime component, it did not allow me to proceed with the installation? It said "the keycode has expired or invalid keycode"

If we need to use CR XI R2 - SP4 for Visual Studio .NET 2005 Server for deployment to Production, what kind of CR XI license that we have to purchase?

Or does BO has any upgrade available from CR XI Professional to CR XI R2 Developer ? So that I can upgrade and key-in the Developer license key when installing the CR XI R2 runtime component.

I have checked with our local BO vendor and they replied is as below :

"The developer components, in this case the .NET runtime components for visual studio .NET is part of Crystal Reports Developer and not Crystal Reports Professional.

Since your copy is CR Professional, the keycode not able to be used for the installation of CR XI R2 - SP4 for Visual Studio .NET 2005 Server

In this case you will have to purchase at least a copy of CR XI Developer that will enable you to deploy the runtime for production. As for upgrading from professional to developer, I am not sure if an upgrade pricing is available. To find out, please check with the sales channel that you have purchase CR XI from.

And yes there is a limitation in term on connection for this type of runtime deployment. For deployment of larger scale, you will have to look towards Crystal Reports Server (maximum 20 concurrent users) or BusinessObjects Enterprise (named user or CPU based license, no maximum limit for scalability)"

Do we really need to buy a Developer license or is there any upgrade available?

And for the limitation on concurrent connection, is there any workaround as to convert the license to become no maximum limitation on the concurrent connection?

Please kindly help to explain or provide a workable suggestion. Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Kingdrawan

Edited by: Vitaly Izmaylov on Sep 23, 2008 9:54 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi;

To do any development work with any of our SDK's, a Developer edition of Crystal Reports is needed.

That is the only option. There may be an upgrade path from Professional -> Developer, but our Sales team can answer that for you.

Call them at 1 866 681 3435

Regards,

Jonathan

Answers (0)