cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while importing roles in RE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a problem in importing roles to RE.

I had run the transaction /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES and downloaded the roles to desktop. I had downloaded that in text format only.

While importing the roles to RE it is throwing an error "Cannot write to Upload Directory D:\role expert upload file\ROLEIMPORT or Directory does not exist."

The template which I can see in RE->HELP is different from the file which is downloaded from backend.

Please help me in this regard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hima,

Question 1.

The template which I can see in RE->HELP is different from the file which is downloaded from backend.

ANSWER 1.

The file you get from running /VIRSA/RE_DNLDROLES and downloaded the roles to desktop are to be uploaded in the "Bulk download File" tab, which does not have any structure of its own. Neither is this file available in the "Help". This file is directly downloaded from the backend and uploaded as such in this tab.

QUESTION 2.

The error "Cannot write to Upload Directory D:\role expert upload file\ROLEIMPORT or Directory does not exist, might be because there is no such directory maintaned in your server. Please create a folder for the same in your server and put the path for the same in Config>Miscelleneous>Upload Directory.

Regards,

Hersh.

Edited by: HERSH GUPTA on Sep 18, 2008 4:40 PM