cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Historical Catalogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to know some info about save historical data of catalogs with MDM. I dont know if this functionality is provided with the product. Example: When someone change some info of a product and later I want to see the data before this change, it is posible?

Thks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

You can enable "Change Tracking" functionality available in Console either at table level or at field level. But, even when the Change tracking is enabled, in order to view the tracked data, you must go to the database. There is no way to view the data from any of the MDM Tools. Please note that Change tracking may reduce the performance drastically.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajani Kumar

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario

You could also use the "Check In / Out" capabilities in a workflow scenario.

Let's say that one user is allowed to change information in a product and another needs to QA the changes before actually changing the original record. This could be done using the "Check In / Out" capabilities of MDM. Note that once the records have been Checked in you can still use the "Track Changes" as recommended.

You can read more about Check in/ out" MDM Data Manager Ref Guide.

Charles

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi galvis,

But you can trace , Writing a trace can compromise performance. You should therefore switch off the trace function as soon as the actions necessary for the analysis have been logged.

As long as a trace is being written, operate the database instance with the lowest possible load and execute only those actions that are necessary to reproduce the error.

for more details go through this link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/83/f13d408ae01e24e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Thanks

Varun