cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU I/O wait percentage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Today in our Production Server CPU I/O wait % is showing high value(ST06) ,what could be the reason behind this.

Regards,

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you monitoring the I/O utilisation through any monitoring tool on OS level, if yes please discuss this with your H/W vendor if any H/W bottleneck he found if not then

please proceed as below.

A high I/O wait time occurs when accessing external files, or as as result

network time (RFC/CPIC).

Go to ST06>Detail Analysis Menu>Disk and check wether the Disk utilization are spread across all disks or not??

Then go back and check under Top CPU option wether any long running programe found

in the system and try to analyse why its taking mor time.

Again in the same Detail Analysis screen go to the display within server botton and check

the CPU ideal %ge is more than 70% or not...

If everything looks fine then i would say there is no CPU bottleneck..

From ST03N/ST03 screen also you could findout wether the CPU time is high or not?

And lastly i would suggest to implement the Oracle 10g parameters (if you are using)should help since CPU time is also required for DB access time.

Please let me know if anything unclear.

Thank you,

Tilak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur support.

"A high I/O wait time occurs when accessing external files, or as as result

network time (RFC/CPIC)."

I think this is one of the issue we are facing because I can see lot of dumps ralated to RFC in ST22. CPU Idle time is showing value in the range 9-20 in peak hours. I think we have some network issues I will check with my network administrator.

yes we are using Oracle 10g database,could you pls let me know how to implement oracle parameters.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thats good to know that we have sorted out our loophole.

Please refer SAP Note 871096 "Oracle Database 10g - Patchsets/Patches for 10.2.0"

and implement the paramter changes, if needed.

Thank you,

Tilak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tilak,

Thanks a lot for ur help, can you please guide me for applying oralce patch in HP UNIX enviornment.

Could u pls tell me step by step procedure to apply the same

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more help how to get the current oracle patch level

Regards

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just go and run sqlplus at os . In the begining it display's the current Oracle version.

Also , you can find it in System> status on any screen page of R/3.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer note 839187 to apply Oracle Patch on 10g..

Also the Oracle Patch set that you download contains a very good documentation..

Refer

Thilip kumar

Edited by: Thilip Kumar on Sep 26, 2008 6:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks