cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP .NET Connector Installation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have Visual Studio .NET 2003 and Visual Studio .NET 2005 installed. I also have the .NET frameworks v1.1 and 2.0 installed.

When attempting to install the SAP .NET Connector (I understand that the design time components only work with VS .NET 2003) the installer started up VS .NET 2003 and I receive the following error:

"Package 'SAPConnectorDesignPackage' has failed to load properly"

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should work (and works for me). Does the error happen during Setup or later when you start VS? Does the setup roll-back? If not, you should open a VS 2003 Command Prompt and run "devenv /resetskippkgs".

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error happens during setup, and setup does not roll-back. After the error message setup reports that installation was successful.

I tried running "devenv /resetskippkgs" but when Visual Studio .NET 2003 load up I get the same error message:

Package 'SAPConnectorDesignerPackage' has failed to load properly ( GUID = {CA839DD1-239E-4336-A860-2C3DCA3710D3} )

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check that you have the assemblies

SAP.Connector

SAP.Connector.Rfc

in GAC

and

SAP.Connector.Design

SAP.Connector.ServerExplorer

SAP.ServerExplorer

in VS-IDE-Dir (e.g. c:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Common7\IDE).

Please check also the file version of the DLLs. They should be 2.0.0.23 for all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the two assemblies you mention in the GAC, and I have the 3 you mention in my VS-IDE-Dir.

SAP.Connector.ServerExplorer is showing as version 2.0.0.21, while SAP.Connector.Design and SAP.ServerExplorer are 2.0.0.23.

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Some other possible reason for the problem:

What edition of VS 2003 do you have (book, standard, professional, enterprise architect)? NCo requires at least professional, because the ServerExplorer is limited in the "lower" editions. The NCo package is marked tha it only loads if edition is at least professional, so this could explain the error message.

If your Server Eplorer doesn't show "Data Connections" node, than you need to upgrade to higher edition.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Enterprise Architext.

I've finally managed to get it installed though! When I had previously tried to install it I was changing the installation location. Wnen I tried it this time I left it with the default (C:\Program Files\SAP\...) and it worked!

Merely installing to a location other than the default surely should not have caused things to fail?

reiner_hille-doering
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Interesting...

Of cause any location should work. Thanks for finding the issue ;-). Unfotunately I couldn't quickly find what was going wrong - neither Setup nor the rest of the code contain absolute paths. Anyway, I hope to find it later.