cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a Communication Channel for an AE other than the default IS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Configuring a Communication Channel for an Adapter Engine other than the default engine.

See: help.sap.com for Communication Channel http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1b/d5ef3b1ad56d4fe10000000a114084/frameset.htm

It states under 'Adapter Configuration', that you can specify the Adapter Engine you want to use in the Adapter Engine dropdown box.

I have activated the XI components on my ERP system using transaction SICF, but what do I have to do to make the other adapter engines show up in the dropdown list when configuring an adapter?

Maybe some background would be helpful: This is for a scenario that will send a file from an external system to one of the ERP systems in our landscape. BUT, the system admins have decided to revoke our FTP accounts (because they have their reasons), so I need to create a File Adapter that will drop the file on the file system of that ERP system, due to visibility I want to use the integrated Adapter Engine that comes with the ERP system, but need to know how/what I'm missing in setting up this scenario.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anesh,

>>>>but what do I have to do to make the other adapter engines show up in the dropdown list when configuring an adapter?

in order to use some other adapter engine you

have to install it first by dafault only one

(central) adapter engine is used and it is all

most clients need

if you'd like to use some other adapter engine

(decentralized for example) have a look at thid guide:

<b>Configuring a Local Adapter Engine to Work with a Central Instance</b>

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/uuid/03fd85cc-0201...

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions">XI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</a>

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

As rightly told bt michal u have to install decentralised adapter engine .Then u will see the other adapter engines in the dropdown box.

U can send flat file only from the system on which u have adapter engine(central/decentral).

In simple if u want to use ur PC as sender u shold have configured adapter engine on ur PC.

regards,

datta