cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reason for rejection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Define Reason for rejection (SPRO Path: SD > Sales > Sales Documents > Sales Document Item > Define reasons for rejection)

In the statistics column, we can define three values.

System will copy item to header totals

No Cumulation - Values cannot be used statistically - X

No Cumulation - Values can be used statistically - Y

What does these three fields mean? As in, wht changes can these three do fr a rejection reason?

thanks inadvance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kase,

These options are there because you can use (or not) reasons for rejection for reporting purposes.

For example, you may have 2 rejection reasons say:

Lost to competitor

Close outstanding qty

You may want to report on Lost to competitor but not on the outstanding qty closures.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kookie,

Thanks,

wht about the first option?

System will copy items to header totals?

And, if i enter that option for the rejection reason, would it have any impact on calculations?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok lets see if I can explain:

Option 1 - System will copy item to header totals

The system will take the item value into account to determine the total document value, even if the item is rejected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks kookie.

This is actually related to my previous issue.

Where i got the incompletion log, when rejecting the schedule line.

So far, the scenario is, in Sales Document - Item rejection reason, if i specify "System will copy item to header totals" for a rejection reason, and then give that rejection reason to a schedule line, i dont get the incompletion log, asking to enter a net value.

When the rejection reason has "Y : No Cumulation, values can be used statistically", and i reject a schedule line, i get the incompletion log, asking the net value.

But the issue is, when i specify "System will copy item to header totals" for a rejection reason and reject a line item or the schedule line, the net value does not change (in SO header or Item> conditions)

and this will affect any calculations that uses the net value fields int it..

Have you come across a scenario like the above?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kase,

No - never seen this behavior before. But lets try to figure it out.

Basically the option why is saying that values are not cumulated, i.e. combined with other lien items, but can be used statistically.

Because it can be used statistically it should look for a net value at that line item level.

In this case,I still think that the trick is to check pricing and why pricing is not pulling through.

I am still puzzled at how you enter a rejection reason at schedule line level, because my experience has been that rejection reasons are entered at item level - can you clarify this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kookie,

Im using a SAP AFS system. and we have grid values for a certian materials.

So we can enter different grid values for one materials, and have diff qtys and diff delivery dates.

Eg: material Shirt has grid values":

size 31 blue - Qty 1, del date - 1/1/08

size 32 red - Qty 3m del date - 2/1/08

and size 33 pink - Qty 30 del date 3/1/08

So i enter these values in 3 diff schedule lines.

And if i want to reject the schedule line for Size 31 blue, i reject that particular schedule line only.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will copy item to header total-copy the header totall not item level.

No Cumulating - Values cannot be used statistically - X twill be used for internal calculation purpose

No Cumulating - Values can be used statistically - Y

it will used for internal calculation purpose .

Best regards,

venkataswamy.y