SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP in Power sector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is Rama Murthy.P I am an ABAP consultant, I did my masters in Electrical Engineering. Please tell me wether is any scope for SAP in Power sector if yes. What are the prerequisits, I mean what preliminary knowledge must one have to become a functional consultant of Energy sector in SAP ( FICO knowledge etc.... ). Please tell me I wish to become a SAP consultant for the Energy sector.

Regards,

Murthy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U r welcome to our power sector.U are the apt guy for to the IS Utilities.Here u need to fond of about functional modules,BAPI,IDOC.

Before coming to ISU ,Its better if u need to hve good knowledge on SAP XI.

My suggestion: better come to ISU

rgds,

Naren

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i would suggest u to become a sap isu technical consultant and slowly get in to fucntional side since every company asks for domain experince in power sector..so since ur a abaper u can go through abap to open gate in is/u and later u can be a techno functional..and more over oppurtunities are booming in is/u

hope u got ur answer

regards

prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U r welcome to our power sector.U are the apt guy for to the IS Utilities.Here u need to fond of about functional modules,BAPI,IDOC.

Before coming to ISU ,Its better if u need to hve good knowledge on SAP XI.

My suggestion: better come to ISU

rgds,

Naren

0 Kudos

Narerendar,

Thank you for your encouraging words,

Regards,

Murthy.

0 Kudos

hi naren,

could u kindly post me existing billing tables in is-utilities?

thanks in advance.

chary.

0 Kudos

hi

prince here..isu tables list

Technical Master Data

EANL Installation

EVER contract

EVBS Premise

ETRG Billing orders

TE422 M.R.U

TE420 Portions

TE419 Parameter Record

Business Master Data

EKUN Business Partner

BUT050 BP Relationship

BUT100 BP roles

BUT200 BP address

BUT0BK BP bank details

ADRC Address

Billing Master Data

ESCH Billing schema header

ESCHS Billing schema steps

ETRF Rates

EKDI Rate Facts

ETTA Rate category

ETTAF Rate category facts

TE221 Operands

TE069 Rate types

EPREI Price header

EPREIH Price history

Billing & Invoicing

ERCH Bill doc Header

ERCHC Invoice Reversal History

ERCHO Out sorting bill doc

ERDO Out sorting for Invoices

ERDK Print Doc header

FI-CA

DFKKOPK CA Doc. GL/items

DFKKKO CA Doc. Header

DFKKKOP CA Doc items

DFKKMKO Sample CA Doc Header

DFKKMOPK Sample CA Doc GL/Items

DFKKMOP Sample CA Doc items

regards and points

prince

0 Kudos

I am familiar with FI/CO modules. I am interested in learning more on IS Utilities CCS modules. How do I go about accessing reading material for learning.

Seek guidance from experts to in breaking into this specialty.

If anyone can e-mail required material I would be grateful.

0 Kudos

hi dwarak

prince here.since u r exeprienced in fico its very easy to aborb fica though its totally new from fico..but fico integration needed in isu.

for example we need to do all basic compoany code settings and relevenat posting settings..sinc eu r a fico guy u can do it easily and u need to just study the help.sap.com indutreisutilities

in that go to contract accounts rec and payable..defenitley u will find it intersting since u r a fico guy.and fica guys r in demand now.so dnt wait start it ..u can make it so easily..

just start with help.sap.com

its more efective

kr

prince

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello dwarak,

Its good to have a generic concepts(FICO).Usually in ISU, the almost transactions with a customer.Here the knowledge of Account receivables plays a important role.

G/L Accounting , summarization records in fica, asset accounting, integration between fica and AR is very needed.

The common topics like dunning,interest calculation ,payments,collection management,....

Please go through the following link for to browse the Fica.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/48/0c2842e11bca7ee10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

All the best...ur welcome

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the link. I was able to get a good idea. I have to spend more time to clarify additional info. Thanks once again.