Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Running in STMS

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

i transported a request from QAS to PRD and it was showing (Import Running ,showing Truck) for 2 hours .So, I deleted it and made new transport request from consultant When i import it then it also showed Import Running. After it i transported more request but all transport requests are showing Import Running from 2 hours in STMS.

what should i do for this issue?

regards,

majamil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks for all for support,

I execute SM30 and delete the entry from TRBAT table. after it transport requests are importing smoothly.

problem solved.

thanks once again.

majamil1

shabeer
Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the size of data file?

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I checked SM37 with RDD* job. when i check * in user name with RDD* then all jobs finished.

and if i check with specific user then show No Job Matches the selection criteria.

size of datafile is: 34MB

regards,

majamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi majamil,

Please check there is background workprocess free to run the job RDDIMPDP in your system.If no background workprocess free to run the job then the transport will hang.

check free background workprocess in t-code sm50

Goto sm37->jobname RDDIMPDP and user DDIC with selection criteria status released.If not found then schedule the job by running the program RDDNEWPP with t-code se38 in client 000.

Then login to the system where the transports are hanging and execute t-code stms_import then From menu bar select GOTO --> Import Monitor it will take you to new screen you will find list of the imported request and you will find the request with a truk appear there , right click on it and then delete.

and then try to reimport the transport again.

Regards

Ashok

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

thanks for reply,

fyi, the transport request successfully imported from DEV100 to QAS400 but not on PRD600.

when i execute

Goto sm37->jobname RDDIMPDP and user DDIC with selection criteria status released.

result is: No job matches the selection criteria

schedule the job by running the program RDDNEWPP with t-code se38 in client 000.

when i click on Normal table for scheduling then i get:

information:
Error scheduling background job
RDDIMPDP_CLIENT_ 600 in 600

I have already deleted those transport requests which were showing Import Running in STMS from 2 hour.

after this when i transported the new requests then i faced that truck mean Import Running from 1 hour.

regards,

majamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi majamil,

run the program RDDNEWPP in 000 client first.

Regards

Ashok

former_member182034
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

thanks for respond.

program RDDNEWPP in 000 client first

Dear, i have run it in SE38 and result is Background job RDDIMPDP_CLIENT_000 successfully scheduled in client 000

after this,,, when i import the request after deletion then it goes in Import Running and still facing it from last 40 minuts.

waiting your good response.

regards,

majamil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi majamil,

below notes may help

Note 690449 - Transport buffer lock file (.LOB) remains blocked on Windows

Note 1223360 - Composite SAP Note: Performance optimization during import

Also check locks in t-code sm12

Regards

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check RDDIMPDP is scheduled properly.

Also, If possible stop all transports, kill existing tp processes. (tp process may have hanged)

Restart Transport.

Hope this helps.

- Nirav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SM37 and check RDD* jobs.And then check all jobs are running fine or getting failed,If failing then find our root cause or paste here.

Shivam