cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to Synchronous ABAP Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one scenario where i am sending data from JDBC Adapter(Communication Channel 1) to ABAP Proxy(Sync)(Communication Channel 2) and as response ABAP Proxy send back data to JDBC Adapter(Communication Channel 3). So is it possible without BPM?

And in above scenario in SXMB_MONI of R/3 and PI 7.1 it shows "Type = Asynchronous" and in R/3 it shows Payload in Response but when i check in PI 7.1 SXMB_MONI there is no message in Payload of 'Response' .

Please suggest me the solution.

Thanks in advance.

RP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

YES , WE CAN ...

We can use JDBC Adapter at your DB Side and At R/3 side we can have RFC or Proxies for Sync

By default JDBC Adapter dont have the nature of requesting the Ack(Response from the receiver)

So to make it Sync We have to use BPM

Steps to be followed for the same:

ABAP proxies have many advantages for instance; they communicate with the XI server by means of native SOAP calls over HTTP (RFC does not, so you have to convert from SOAP to RFC calls and vice versa). ABAP proxies supports two different protocols; XI and Web Services. Most important is that they can be used for both synchronous and asynchronous communication (RFC/BAPI is basically only intended for Synchronous comm. which asks much more system resources from your XI system).

step by step RFC to JDBC scenario

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/wiki?path=/display/xi/step%2bby%2bstep%2brfc%2bto%2bjdbc%2bscenario

Answers (0)