cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Triggering multiple mails for external Mail id when PO is created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I configured PO workflow and i used a standard program to send the mail to the external Mail id's of the users.

The thing is when a PO is created the user whos has to release the PO is getting a Mail in Business Workplace through work flow and simoultaneously a mail will go to his external mail with a message that So and so PO is created please release it.

As he cant keep on monitor his SAP Business workplace,whenever he get a mail to his external id,he will login to SAP and approves or rejects the PO.

Here the probelm is the external mail is keep on triggering for every 15 min as we scheduled the Job for ever 15 min.

So for the same PO number it is giving multiple mails to the external id until it is released.

It should be like one mail should trigger for one PO number instead of multiple mails for the sam PO number.

I'am unable to find the solution.

Please guide me with a solution.

With Regards,

Praveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

You could have sent mail via your workflow after completion of a step or/and alerts for every step. Why did you schedule a separate program for sending mails?

However, simple way is, create a ZBO by inheriting the standard BUS2012. Just add a 'SendMail' step (in which you would call your own Function Module/Report for sending mails). Finally delegate the ZBO to the standard BUS2012 (via transaction SWO6).

This would on one hand, ensure that mail is triggered only when event occurs, and also prevent multiple multiple mails.

Thanks and regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abir,

Thankyou for your quick reply.

Yeah i think of this option that why dont we add snd mail option in Work flow itself but i'am not so sure about the proceedure and i went in the other way.

Thankyou that you had give me the way to go but can you please give me clear steps that what should be done so that it will be helpfull for me.

Thanks and Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

As per your requirement you are getting mails in a regular interval till that person approve that PO, that mean there must be deadline monitoring have been specified for that decision task because of that those notifications are coming....

you can remove that deadline monitoring part add a mail step before the decision step..... then it will not send notification in a regular intervals...

Regards Dev..

Edited by: Dev on Sep 18, 2008 2:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

1> Goto transaction SWO1.

2> Enter Object/Interface Name as BUS2012 and click on Create Subtype.

3> Enter the required values (you can give ZBUS2012 everywhere....only give Application as R). Place cursor on methods and click on create. Enter details and finally give name of your function module (which you would be creating with the logic of sending mails to selected users) in ABAP tab.

4> Place cursor on method name and click on parameters and create the required parameters. These parameters would receive value from task container.

5> Finally goto transaction SWO6 and delegate this BO to parent BO (which is BUS2012). This would enable the methods of child BO to be available to the parent one.

Try the steps and let me know wherever you get stuck.

Best regards,

Abir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182485
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

You can simply forward the SAP inbox item to external mail so that he will know that something has arrived in his SAP inbox.

1. Go to Transaction SO13.

2. Click on Automatic Forwarding tab.

3. Click on Create icon .

4. Enter the details in the above screen.

5. Click ENTER to complete the entries.

Now the notification would be received at the provided email address if there are any pending work items in the inbox.

Hope this helps.

Bikas