Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to really hide ABAP WebDynpro Application URL in Non-SAP Portal(JSP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

My Question Picture Click this link see detail information

http://picasaweb.google.com/kissruyi/BLOG#5247264843844122322

Current Assumption

Company ABC provides some public service for customer,

it already built up their own public company portal using JAVA(JSP / Servlet) currently,

then customer can query their own bill document after login this portal.

A JSP application is being used to get bill data from Company ABC SAP ERP system, but now a complex ABAP WebDynpro

was built up for checking detail history information and some other information.

Company ABC wants to integrate this new ABAP application to their current public company portal, then user can get more

service by using this new ABAP WebDynpro program.

Question 1: Explores the SAP ERP System IP and URL,its a security issue?

Question 2: Access an ABAP WebDynpro appliction need an ID/Password in this ERP server, but these customer's ID/Password just are stored in JSP Portal(JSP + DB2 or SQL Server) maybe, how to grant some authorization to customer

for using this ABAP WebDynpro application?

2 REPLIES 2

former_member248712
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Question 1: Explores the SAP ERP System IP and URL,its a security issue?

Since you application is open to the public domain definetly the URL address need to be masked. Check with your JAVA/Portal Admin Team.

Here's the Link for additional security info for SAP WebDynpro for ABAP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005/helpdata/en/af/0489ce55002f44a8c927371bedf719/content.htm

AB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My requirement is same like that.

I am customizing the portal log on page.Here I put a link in the bottom area in that href i am calling the webdynpro abap application.

I am giving the application URl is giving in the HREF.when i click the link it is asking the userid/[password for displaying the application for the first time only.If i click another time it is not asking when the browser was not closed.

If browser closed and opend in new browser again it is asking the same uID/Pass.

can you please help me the same.