cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create material code

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear sap gurus

i have a question plz help me .i have create one material and material No. will come 11 and i want when i create a sales order i will give my code instead of material no 11.plz tell me where i have do custamization to create my material code .

thanx

rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

Will "Old Material No" help in this scenario??

Venkat - Hyd

Edited by: yajee venkat on Oct 31, 2008 2:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rohit

What I understand from your question is that when u create a material, system is generating no.11 ( Internal no.) but instead of that u want to assign no. Raf001.

If this is true, then goto MMNR and assign external no.rang to the Material Type u r using.

Then goto MM01 and create the material, u can give your own no. to that material.

Hope this helps u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

goto MMNR and create a number range or use use the number range which is already existing and having a tick mark on EXTERnal

goto OMS2 and select material type if u want to use the external no. range then u need to mark the check box for that material type in tcode oms2

mark this check box

external no. w/o check

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

thanx for your valuable reply.

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Respected sir

can u explain me step by step all this configration .

rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

SAP does not allow it, if once you have created a material number it cannot be changed

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

thanx for replying my question .sir i agree after creation of material i could change the material no. like 11 . but if i am creating the material and i want to give material No. " RAF001" what i have to do for this means what custamization i have to . plz help me out.

rohit

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear rohit

Can you please clarify what you mean by "my code" ??

Is that what you are giving in MM01 in the field Material ?? If so, then what do you mean by material no ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sir

i want to cange my materail no. not description and not for perticular customer .it should be for all customer. like in my company the material no. for perticular material is "RAF001" .sir i want change my material no. RAF001 instead of 11. 11 is the material no. Sir kindly tell me what is the configration of this .

rohit

Edited by: rohit kandwal on Sep 19, 2008 9:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rohit,

I am not able to get your problem. as you have created material and number is 11, so you have to either enter material number i,e 11 or Customer material number if you have maintained that in VD51.

Please clarify wt is ur exact need.

Thanks,.

raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

try with customer material info record

goto VD51 and create

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth,

In the case you said above, the change of Material code will occur only for that Customer for whom you create a Customer Material Info Record, but not for those Customers for whom it was not maintained. To maintain for all the Customers, like in our case where we have 11050 Customers, how easy is that?

Any other way??

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI'

then try with material determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prashanth,

He wants the same material with a different no. and not replace it with another material.

So....... what do you suggest??