cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial Number on HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following requirement,

During receipt of inbound for a serialised mateiral we don't want to store serial numbers. However, during outpound we will assign seiral number to the HU.

When I creat a profile with HUSL procedure with 02 as Serial number usage, system allow to create TO and confirm TO on inbound delivery, however when I click PGR system gives the message Material xxxxxxxxx in HU xxxxxxxxxxx was not serialized completely. Is there is a way we can make serial number to be optional on HU?

Appreciate your help. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

do you use a handling unit managed storage location? You can check this in table T001L.

In case of HUM storage locations, you always have to assign a serial number to the HU, no mather which usage is maintained for the profile HUSL in the customizing of the serial number profile. The usage settings are only relevant for HUs in non HUM storage locations (it can be the case, that it is also relevant for planned HUs in case of HUM storage locations).

Regards,

Ely

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it is HUM storage location. I chcked on SAP notes as well and it is mentioned that usage settings on the profile.

Anyway, i'm moving to customised solution.