Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Different parameter usage causes problem

Hi there,

I am creating a report based on a sql query. Therefore I have to parameters to filter the query i.e. "SELECT * FROM Person WHERE Birthday >= {?StartDate} AND BirthDay <= {?EndDate}". Both parameters are defined as Date.

This works so far. Then in the Field-Explorer I define a third parameter named "GroupName" which is dynamic and should be filled from the column "Groupname" of the resultset. This parameter is used to identify a leading group which is then separated from all the others.

My problem now is that I am asked twice to input parameters. First those two I defined in the query using the database wizzard (StartDate, EndDate). Then I am asked a second time to input all the three parameters (StartDate, EndDate, GroupName) where the two first parameters where prefilled with what I entered before. But the list of groupname is not filled so I can not select one or multiple values.

My questions are:

- Why am I asked twice and not once including all three parameters

- Why is group not filled in the parameter mask

- Is this behavior by design and if yes how can I workaround

This concerns Crystal Report 11 and 12.

Thanks for every hint.

Kind regards

Patrick

Edited by: Patrick Jox on Sep 18, 2008 9:06 AM

replied

if your parameters are defined in the stored procedure do not create them in the report. only create in report what isnt in the stored procedure.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question