cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different parameter usage causes problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am creating a report based on a sql query. Therefore I have to parameters to filter the query i.e. "SELECT * FROM Person WHERE Birthday >= {?StartDate} AND BirthDay <= {?EndDate}". Both parameters are defined as Date.

This works so far. Then in the Field-Explorer I define a third parameter named "GroupName" which is dynamic and should be filled from the column "Groupname" of the resultset. This parameter is used to identify a leading group which is then separated from all the others.

My problem now is that I am asked twice to input parameters. First those two I defined in the query using the database wizzard (StartDate, EndDate). Then I am asked a second time to input all the three parameters (StartDate, EndDate, GroupName) where the two first parameters where prefilled with what I entered before. But the list of groupname is not filled so I can not select one or multiple values.

My questions are:

- Why am I asked twice and not once including all three parameters

- Why is group not filled in the parameter mask

- Is this behavior by design and if yes how can I workaround

This concerns Crystal Report 11 and 12.

Thanks for every hint.

Kind regards

Patrick

Edited by: Patrick Jox on Sep 18, 2008 9:06 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your parameters are defined in the stored procedure do not create them in the report. only create in report what isnt in the stored procedure.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I think in crystal if you create a parameter in command and then if you create a parameter from report then it will prompt twice. The only way is to create all the parameters in command or in report. Why you want to create a groupname parameter in report level but not in command?

Regards,

Raghavendra.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Raghavendra,

I want to expose a list of possible values of groupname. This method is not available in command window but only in the reports designer. This is why I choose the tow different ways.

Kind Regards

Patrick